Recovery for the Straight Talk Optiums Q(LGL55C)

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm posting this under Optiums Slider because the Q does not have it's own forum, also it is very close to the Slider in that they both have the gelato board.
Here is CWM v5.0.2.7 for the Q: LGL55C_recovery.img

Un-zip flash_image.zip and place flash_image(no extension) on the root of your SDcard, along with LGL55C_recovery.img that you just downloaded.

Then to install, in "terminal Emulator" on your phone, type:
su
mount -o remount, rw /system
cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin
cd /system/bin
chmod 777 flash_image
flash_image recovery /sdcard/LGL55C_recovery.img
reboot recovery

Special Thanks to: Mark_One for the files and info that was needed to make this recovery!

Enjoy :-*

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Bob would you mind adding a donate link to the OP or if not, a preferred charity?

Kernel and recovery devs get far less donations than the tiny bit ROM devs get, the nature of the beast, but I'd like to send you a thanks.

Much appreciated.

OiNRdcsytg

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got this from Straight Talk, and used the zergrush thing succesfully to root, but it's been bugging me to not have a recovery. Thank you so much!!! Also, anybody who has straight talk, could you post the SoftwareUpdate apk. I accidently uninstalled instead of froze it, and the Settings menu now crashes when I hit software update. Thanks again OP, I really appreciate this!!!

pentad

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
These files are great but I wonder if some kind soul could point me in the right direction to root my phone? When I try su I get a 'permission denied' error which I assume is because I have not rooted my phone.

Any help would be great!

Thank you!!

OiNRdcsytg

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
These files are great but I wonder if some kind soul could point me in the right direction to root my phone? When I try su I get a 'permission denied' error which I assume is because I have not rooted my phone.

Any help would be great!

Thank you!!

I used the files found here. All of the SU and busybox files in "LG_Esteem_Root.zip" work just fine. Although, when I used it, rather than running the "run.bat" file, I did it line by line myself, just in case I saw something that was completely different.

Also, when I ran the zergrush exploit, I don't remember the exact error, but I remember being not sure if it had worked or not, but it went ahead and let me move the su binary and apk into the system folder on my phone. (Also, side note, make sure you run adb in root mode after you run zergrush.)

In layman's terms, you are doing this:
1. Installing "zergrush" binary into a data folder, which you don't need su permissions to do.
2. Running zergrush will give you temporary root permissions without SU binary installed.
3. With temp root, you can access the system folder, so you put the SU files in the system folder.
4. Delete zergrush, and reboot, and now with su sitting in the system folder, you have root!

But you have to know how to use ADB, which honestly I didn't before I started. But if you've messed around at all with the terminal app and any linux os, it's pretty intuitive. (Also, for the future, the zergrush program will work on any 2.2 or 2.3 device, but only 2.2 and 2.3, NOT 2.1 and NOT 3+.)

Hope this helps!

manu2012

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi OiNRdcsytg,

I'm having trouble... I tried to use the run.bat but it gets stuck at "Daemon started successfully" which some mentioned in the comments of that link you provided. But you said you didn't use that method. So how did you run the zergrush exploit? That's where I'm stuck I think.

I have the Terminal Emulator and I can't do the "su" command because permission is denied. So I'm assuming I need zergrush run first?

Could you give me a little help please? I am very, VERY new to this. I do have USB debugging enabled and unknown sources also enabled. And I have the necessary drivers for my PC. I also extracted all files to the root of the SD card.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

*EDIT* Never mind I got it! :)

Last edited:

reinazul

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
i have been looking for this all over the place
i wish i had seen this thread before my fone got bricked :/
but thank you for posting!!!

raz334

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
hello thank you bob for your efforts, in the short time i used your recovery it seemed to work, unfortunatly i recently ran into an issue that has had irreversible side effects, and i thought i should give you a heads up.

You may want to take a look at the part of the recovery program that deals with the saving of backups, as i made a backup earlier and it failed to save it to my sdcard.. regrettably im not really able to help anymore than to let you know, because this lead to an accident that has turned my phone into a brick. Dont panic, this shouldnt happen if people are careful, it only happened to me because i was using the SDCard from an old phone that had backups from a different android phone on it.

i think i've told you everything important but if you want to check the other posts i've made about it you can find them here http://forums.androidcentral.com/vi...-team-hydro-lg-optimus-q-rom.html#post1441711

sorry i know its not much help but atm its all i can provide..

Reactions: c2gemineyes

ryanthurman92

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey I'm trying desperately to find a custom rom that runs on the optimus q for straight talk. I have android version 2.3.4 and would like to at least upgrade it with one of these roms. My full purpose is so that I can overclock the cpu. If you know how could you please email me at ryanthurman92 at gmail com ryanthurman92@gmail.com

monkeyb00gers

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
When I type in su in the terminal emulator it says "su: permission denied" . What do I have to do to get the terminal to work ? BTW , I am not a newb but have been away for a while . Thanks

monkeyb00gers

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
@ OiNRdcsytg , can you explain the root with more simplicity ? What prog installs zergrush so I can get started ? Also , I get caught up at the run bat where it says "Daemon started successfully" it just hangs .
Thanks

OiNRdcsytg

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
@ OiNRdcsytg , can you explain the root with more simplicity ? What prog installs zergrush so I can get started ? Also , I get caught up at the run bat where it says "Daemon started successfully" it just hangs .
Thanks

Just use ADB to manually execute each line in the "run.bat" file. You'll see after you move zergrush into the data folder that the next line.

adb shell "echo exit | /data/local/tmp/zergrush"

That's the command that runs it, right there in the bat file, under where it says "Running exploit..." on lines 49 and 50.

I can't really simplify this any more. If you don't understand, you clearly haven't ever used ADB and are going to have to find a friend to do it for you. I'm sorry..