Installing the latest Swype on the Slider

primetechv2

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Okay, Swype is the greatest thing that happened since slide-out keyboards. And if you want the latest version of Swype on your device, you'll have to do a little work.

0) Be rooted. Download ES File Manager and Swype installer (from http://beta.swype.com).
1) Go to Settings, Language and Keyboard, and disable Swype.
2) Open the ES File Manager, Settings, and check Root Explorer and Mount File System.
3) Delete the stock Swype app from /system/app (if you are stuck in /, hold the star menu button.)
4) delete libSwype*.so from /system/lib. (There should only be one file to delete here.)
5) Restart your phone. This step cannot be avoided.
6) Run Swype Installer.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The application Swype (processcom.swype.android.inputmethod) has stopped unexpectdly. Please try again.

Keeps FC everytime i try to install, itll install then when i go to open it it FC.
First try it went to the beta region selection, then it FC
Now it wont even open the Swype installer.

FIXED. Cleared data, uninstalled swype beta, reinstalled and ran.
works now.

Last edited:

primetechv2

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The application Swype (processcom.swype.android.inputmethod) has stopped unexpectdly. Please try again.

Keeps FC everytime i try to install, itll install then when i go to open it it FC.
First try it went to the beta region selection, then it FC
Now it wont even open the Swype installer.

FIXED. Cleared data, uninstalled swype beta, reinstalled and ran.
works now.

Did you remember to fully remove Swype before trying to install the new one? Often Swype might need to be disabled too...otherwise those pesky messages well keep popping up. My bad.

Glad to hear you got it to work though!

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk