Flash Player on Rooted Optimus Q (LG-L55C) ????

manu2012

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone!

Just got my L55C from Straight Talk rooted. What do I need to do to get Flash Player to work? Which Flash Player do I need to download?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

primetechv2

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=135717

Although that is the right thread for your phone and processor in general, the question is legit. From what I've seen, the app (.apk) itself is 11.0 but the libraries you must use are 10.1 or 10.2-based, whether they are a separate download or come cooked in. They are all hacked (I think), likely by a small Asian company making sub-par tablets or something. I can't verify that either, but I first heard about Flash for older (read: armv6) devices for the MaiPad tablet.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

manu2012

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=135717

Although that is the right thread for your phone and processor in general, the question is legit. From what I've seen, the app (.apk) itself is 11.0 but the libraries you must use are 10.1 or 10.2-based, whether they are a separate download or come cooked in. They are all hacked (I think), likely by a small Asian company making sub-par tablets or something. I can't verify that either, but I first heard about Flash for older (read: armv6) devices for the MaiPad tablet.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

Thank you.

I also need a custom ROM right? Which one will work on my phone? I've read about Hydro and CM7.1. I rooted my phone yesterday so I just need to know which ROM I can flash on my phone.

primetechv2

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not totally sure about that yet. Xda has a flash player that supposedly works on any ROM. And there is NOT a ROM for the Net10 Gelato yet; don't use the Slider ROM because things may break.

Trying any of the flash player apk files, however, is comparatively mundane.

Edit: I tested this app on my Wildfire; it appeared to work without any custom ROM.

Sent from my Wildfire S

Last edited:

raz334

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
really wish someone would post a link for where to find out how to root the lgl55c optimus Q everyone says they have it, but multiple searches later i just cant find it.. and no one says where.. any help with this would be appreciated. thanks

(yes i've tried google) :cool:

primetechv2

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Download the drivers that are floating around Google. Then grab the latest version of SuperOneClick. I'll add the driver link if I can find them.

www.lg-phones.org/lg-optimus-v-driver-download.html

Sent from my Optimus Slider

summernichel

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone!

Just got my L55C from Straight Talk rooted. What do I need to do to get Flash Player to work? Which Flash Player do I need to download?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Can u even have a flash player for lg optiums q jus got one don't know anything bout it need help!!!!!!!!!

ryanthurman92

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
To all lg optimus q owners. To root. Use the driver from the v701 optimus slider from lg mobile support tool. U must download this from lg.com to obtain root use the lg esteem method. Works first shot. There you go you have root access. For a custom recovery search for the recovery. Easy to find under optimus slider threads. For a rom. Use the stalkon or hellicious rom. Seeing as they are the best.

chopstix_nc

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have tried everything and I can't get adobe flash to work on my LG Optimus Q (LGL55C)...
I have rooted the phone and I have tried to install the custom apk"s for ArmV6 processors...
I have tried 10.2, 10.3 and 11.00 all of which say they will work on ArmV6 processors and no luck..
I have installed HydroRom from team hydro and then tried to install flash and no go...
I have tried to change the permissions on the "lib" files in the data folder on the root of the phone..
In summary I have tried every "fix" I have come across and other people are saying it works for them...

Why not me?????

d1ck3y0da

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
hey can you post a link to the hellicious rom along with maybe a few screen shots. i hear good thinks about this rom but i just wanna see what im getting myself into be i flash. any help will be thanked
:D

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
lol how are you hearing good things about a rom thats not even released...? RyanThurman92 is the creator of this rom, and has not released it.

Edit: also id argue that AreaRomQ v1.1 (though I edited it quite a bit from the released version) is by far the best rom on the q at the moment. CarrierIQ disabled, full theme, Acid animations, much much more.)

jfarrah

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
To all lg optimus q owners. To root. Use the driver from the v701 optimus slider from lg mobile support tool. U must download this from lg.com to obtain root use the lg esteem method. Works first shot. There you go you have root access. For a custom recovery search for the recovery. Easy to find under optimus slider threads. For a rom. Use the stalkon or hellicious rom. Seeing as they are the best.

A really good custom rom is arearom 1.4 and as far as rooting this guy above knows what he is talking about

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I rooted by grabbin the q drivers from that mobile support tool. They're under the tracfone section. Its the lg l55c.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

DLONGNASTY

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
1.4 is nothing to 2.0 Jcole20 know his stuff andriodarea51 is the place to be if you have a l55c or a precedent. just saying we have stright talk locked down lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance