2 Random Questions

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
First question:

In the future, is it possible to make the physical buttons at the bottom of the Slider be used to take the phone out of sleep mode, like on the Optimus V? Or is it all hardware related and it's not possible?

Second question:

Has anybody been able to find a decent case for this phone yet? I ordered one off eBay for it but it has a hard time sliding open and seems to be scratching the left and right sides of the keyboard. So now my phone has to stay unprotected until I find a safer alternative. The one I ordered is here:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Pretty standard for a case, no? But it doesn't seem to be of good quality. Hoping somebody knows of a specific brand or something that won't cause any more physical harm to my phone.

Thanks for reading.

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Here is the one I bought off of ebay:

Red LG Optimus Slider VM701 Faceplate Snap-on Phone Cover Hard Shell Case Skin | eBay

It does not seem to scratch the phone.

Thank you, but there seems to be none left and the seller doesn't have any other Slider cases. Do you know of any other sellers with non-scratching cases?

Also, do cases from the Straight Talk Optimus Q fit on the Slider?

I found this which I really really want, but I am afraid to take another chance.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-Enlighten-Optimus-Slider-Q-VS700-Hard-Case-Skin-Cover-Fishbone-Lt-Green-Black-/170746969068?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item27c14ffbec

EDIT: Nevermind, took a chance and bought it.

Last edited:

nobletype

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
i've been googling because i too have had some trouble finding a good case. did you find one that makes sliding out the keyboard not annoying or hard?

edit: i bought that same exact case you linked to in your last reply, and sliding out is still crap with it.

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
i've been googling because i too have had some trouble finding a good case. did you find one that makes sliding out the keyboard not annoying or hard?

edit: i bought that same exact case you linked to in your last reply, and sliding out is still crap with it.

I have been using that case since day one I got it and sliding is no trouble with mine. It takes just a tiny bit of thumb pressure to lift it open, but at least it isn't scratching the sides like the other black one I had. I am surprised that the fishbone case is giving you problems. It has been the best case I've used so far. What kind of problems are you having with it? Does it feel stuck when you slide it open or something?

nobletype

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been using that case since day one I got it and sliding is no trouble with mine. It takes just a tiny bit of thumb pressure to lift it open, but at least it isn't scratching the sides like the other black one I had. I am surprised that the fishbone case is giving you problems. It has been the best case I've used so far. What kind of problems are you having with it? Does it feel stuck when you slide it open or something?

Not just lifting it open, but sliding it all the way through back and forth feels more rough and is just more stiff. It's not stuck, just feels like somethings pushing against it slightly. Is there any more pressure for you than without the case at all? Or did you really feel like nothing changed sliding-wise?

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Not just lifting it open, but sliding it all the way through back and forth feels more rough and is just more stiff. It's not stuck, just feels like somethings pushing against it slightly. Is there any more pressure for you than without the case at all? Or did you really feel like nothing changed sliding-wise?

Yes there is slightly more pressure but that's due to the two little nubs on the bottom half of the case on the right side. You can try MAYBE shaving those nubs down but I don't think they would then be strong enough to hold a grip. And actually now that I look at my phone, it seems one of those nubs scraped some paint off the top part of my phone. Not really noticeable. It's just due to using the keyboard so much. If I ever come across a case that slides open easily as if the case wasn't there, I will post back in this thread.

nobletype

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes there is slightly more pressure but that's due to the two little nubs on the bottom half of the case on the right side. You can try MAYBE shaving those nubs down but I don't think they would then be strong enough to hold a grip. And actually now that I look at my phone, it seems one of those nubs scraped some paint off the top part of my phone. Not really noticeable. It's just due to using the keyboard so much. If I ever come across a case that slides open easily as if the case wasn't there, I will post back in this thread.

Hey, I went through some shopping and found a pretty decent case that has no issue on sliding out the keyboard whatsoever.

LG Enlighten Wireless Solutions Slide Snap Case - Gray -TheCellGuru.com

It's basically doesn't clip onto the right side at all, but it feels perfectly secure nonetheless because of the design. The one thing that happens is that the middle piece pops out when you slide the case out with it (the trade off for not clipping into the right side) but it's perfectly fine and well worth the trade off IMO.

It also comes in black/smoke

LG Enlighten Wireless Solutions Slide Snap Case - Black -TheCellGuru.com

Just throwing it out there, as you seem happy with your case.

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I went through some shopping and found a pretty decent case that has no issue on sliding out the keyboard whatsoever.

LG Enlighten Wireless Solutions Slide Snap Case - Gray -TheCellGuru.com

It's basically doesn't clip onto the right side at all, but it feels perfectly secure nonetheless because of the design. The one thing that happens is that the middle piece pops out when you slide the case out with it (the trade off for not clipping into the right side) but it's perfectly fine and well worth the trade off IMO.

It also comes in black/smoke

LG Enlighten Wireless Solutions Slide Snap Case - Black -TheCellGuru.com

Just throwing it out there, as you seem happy with your case.

It's always good to have alternative cases just to be safe. Thanks for telling us about that case. I have 1 question though. When you say the middle piece pops out, do you mean it pops out and gives you a prop-stand? Sounds kind of interesting. Do you mind taking pictures of it on the phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance