[Themes] Custom ICS

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Heres a ROM I customized off the 11 28 Gelato build from team hydro. THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, IM NEW TO THEMEING, BUT WILL CONTINUE TO RELEASE UPDATES WHEN I MAKE CHANGES, JUST CHECK THE VERSION DATE.

Its a slighty diffrent ICS (android 4.0) theme.
Theme Includes:
Official ICS blue colors.
ICS sliders.( volume/side bar)
ICS scroll glow.
ICS colored status Icons.
Modded notifications.(Styled after ICS [android 4.0])
ICS loaders, sorry I dont have any screenshots for them, youll just have to install and see for yourself :)

VERSION: 12-27-11
Includes, ICS signal bars WORKING
ICS list dividers.
Quickpanel ICS icon on/off.

VERSION 01-01
Changes"
Improved battery
Sound/Volume/Vibrate color change icons
QuickPanel idicator fix
Certain button press colors will now be ICS blue and not the nasty GB yellow/orange.

Version 1-08 1.2.1 Note*Having problems with UOT kitchen for tiny quick fixes rather than doing it myself, but looks like ill have to do it myself.
Changes:
Official WIFI status bar icons.
Total remake of status bar.
Clock time and date ICS color.
Overhaul on the drop down notifications. tried to get it as close as possible to actual ICS.

NEW Version 1-08 1.2.2
Changes:
90% of buttons now themed (no more orange/yellow highlighted)

Heres the Link https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxcYAc0IApeUNzk0NzY0ODctMjJlMC00ZmUzLWFlYmItN2JmZmQyODJkZDU0

Remember before installing the zip.
Clear cache, and Dalvik-Cache.

View attachment 20156

View attachment 20157

View attachment 20158

View attachment 20159

View attachment 20176

This is my first theme so im learning as im going, but feel free to give feedback.
Thanks for looking :)

Heres the other links to make you phone as colse to ICS as possible.
GO Locker https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxcYAc0IApeUZmViMjU0ZWEtZTgyOC00OWYzLTg4OWUtZTc1M2Y3Nzk1MDVi

GO locker ICS Theme https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxcYAc0IApeUNmE1NTU1OGYtYzU2Yi00ZDZmLTlhZjUtM2E0YTk2ZjQ1NmFj

Go Locker ICS ALTERNATIVE theme https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxcYAc0IApeUZDM0ZTQxYWMtZmMyYS00NDA1LTg3YjMtZDExYTM0NmY2MjMy

Also on the market download and install a Launcher called GO launcher EX it works amazing with the GO locker.
Also download the ICS icon pack for Go launcher ex.
Sorry I couldn't package everything together, I'm just learning all of this stuff. But take the extra time to install the 3rd party apps, its worth it if you like the theme.

All I ask is if you like the theme, click the thanks button :)

Last edited:

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
This theme is awesome except I can't figure out how to get the applications to look like ICS

GOLauncher ex. ICS icon pack. Sorry lol ill upload it and the widget skins laterish when I get the time.
I need to figure out the signal bar bug first and attempt to change the time color, then ill release the final version for you guys.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The signal bar png's you need to change are named "sprint_stat_sys_airplane_mode.png" through "sprint_stat_sys_signal_6_white_cdma.png" in the drawable-mdpi folder. There are 31 images total.

To edit the time color you will need to edit an xml file found at res/layout/status_bar.xml. Before you can do that, you will need to learn how to use apktool or apkmanager to decompile SystemUI.apk, make your xml edits, then compile it again. Give Google a search for info on using apktool or apkmanager.

Keep going, don't give up! I stood in your shoes about 10 months ago when I started my journey and trust me, you will not regret the time and effort it takes you to learn these things in the end. ;)

Reactions: tylermich7

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Please post it soon lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 running MiRaGe IHO using Tapatalk

Its posted. Check the version date. 01-01
Every update is most likely just going to be tiny add ons and builds from the previous.
Just remember this is a THEME. Not a ROM. I can only change how things look. I cannot however change how the system or anything works. This is why we have wonderful developers.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeoLawliet

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Its posted. Check the version date. 01-01
Every update is most likely just going to be tiny add ons and builds from the previous.
Just remember this is a THEME. Not a ROM. I can only change how things look. I cannot however change how the system or anything works. This is why we have wonderful developers.

I am in love with this theme and I respect you so much for being the only dev right now. Even if its just a theme i could see you blossoming into an awesome dev for the OS which we so desperately need right now

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am in love with this theme and I respect you so much for being the only dev right now. Even if its just a theme i could see you blossoming into an awesome dev for the OS which we so desperately need right now

Thanks, yeah i respect team hydro for their work, but i got tired of being those naggy people who always ask for something they want, and decided to start actually doing some work my self, and its sweet now, because i can create whatever my imaganation wants instead of waiting for someone to relase or make someting close to what i want.

its hard work, but its worth it.

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, yeah i respect team hydro for their work, but i got tired of being those naggy people who always ask for something they want, and decided to start actually doing some work my self, and its sweet now, because i can create whatever my imaganation wants instead of waiting for someone to relase or make someting close to what i want.

its hard work, but its worth it.

good for you haha, i wish i could learn this stuff but i dont have time

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
good for you haha, i wish i could learn this stuff but i dont have time

Its not too hard. Just have patience. I'm still learning and have a lot to learn.
If I can learn to do this with a full time job and a family. (Mostly staying up late on the weekends tinkering) you can learn this.
Hey maybe if you take this up we could team up (; haha

lizardurine

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little bit confused about downloading the .zip itself, however I am just looking from mobile so it may look different on a desktop. I clicked on the googledocs link, and what I came upon was a bunch of different files with no way to download them. When I get a moment to view this from a computer, I will edit this post with an update

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little bit confused about downloading the .zip itself, however I am just looking from mobile so it may look different on a desktop. I clicked on the googledocs link, and what I came upon was a bunch of different files with no way to download them. When I get a moment to view this from a computer, I will edit this post with an update

Uhm I'm pretty sure you'll see an option that says "download original"

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Heh, sorry, didn't see that on mobile. Got the theme now, flashed it, works great! Thanks!

Yup ha.
Did a quick fix on the title bar header. It was slight less than black but now its striaght flush black. Ill upload that when I pull it from my phone later.