Help! Error message while rooting Optimus Slider?

coolmanz1

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I have some issues with rooting. I have the Optimus Slider and I can't get it to root. I downloaded drivers from the LG website(trying to figure out which ones work), and unistalled, tried another from a recommened direct link and so on to try to find a fix. All of the drivers I tried, installed succesfully and worked fine to what I know. I downloaded the LG_Esteem Root which everybody says works, from this site... LG Esteem OneClickRoot NOW READY!! | AndroidNerds.net. I connect my phone, turn on USB Debugging, and selected USB charge only. Run the bat file(will explain later on) select enter to root, to produce an error. Then I tried using "Mass Storage USB" with the same error. STEPS I DID UNTILL ERROR: Once I have one of the options selected, my phones connected. I open the LG_Esteen_Root-1.zip file, and select the run.bat. Once opened, I "press enter to root my phone." Then I get this message, "Waiting for Device", underneath it says 'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Then it repeats the error, Says "Device Found". Underneath it says "Pushing exploit binary". Then the 'abd' error appears again. It keeps on doing this, acting like it's working but always producing this error message. Then at the bottom it says Root Complete, Enjoy! Press any key to exit. Then I exit, and nothing happened with my phone. I have tried this many times with no prevail. If anyone knows a solution or has any ideas, please message me or post on the forum. I tried to explain this as much as possible without trying to confuse you, I can explain more if you need the informantion. Thanks!

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Did you download the drivers from the link in the thread about how to root the phone? Those are the ones that work correctly.

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Quick check. Do not download and install the esteem drivers. If you did uninstall them. This could be the case.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
hey i am getting the same message altho i rooted my phone with it before used rom toolbox installed a bootanimation and then uninstalled the root with gingerbreak and now im getting that error message any 1 have any idea i wanna get my bootanimation back to the normal 1 i have the optimus slider for straight talk or better known as optimus Q