Custom Recovery -- question/issue

wildbtk

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I know that bobzhome worked on porting the custom recovery to the Optimus Slider. I am thankful for his work and appreciate everything the dev community does for the Slider. I have it installed and working, however, it has a bug with the NANDroid backup directory names -- they are all dated starting 1/6/1980 and don't use the current date. Is there a corrected version of CWM that fixes this issue with NANDroid backup?

Much thanks!

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I know that bobzhome worked on porting the custom recovery to the Optimus Slider. I am thankful for his work and appreciate everything the dev community does for the Slider. I have it installed and working, however, it has a bug with the NANDroid backup directory names -- they are all dated starting 1/6/1980 and don't use the current date. Is there a corrected version of CWM that fixes this issue with NANDroid backup?

Much thanks!

Not at this time, but you can rename individual nandroid backups to something more meaningful. That bug you are referencing is simply aesthetics, and doesn't impact functionality in any way.

wildbtk

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Not at this time, but you can rename individual nandroid backups to something more meaningful. That bug you are referencing is simply aesthetics, and doesn't impact functionality in any way.

Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to be the case;let me explain. I had several NANDroid backups already in place -- 11 of them, actually. I bricked my first phone before I understood what a NANDroid was, so I became paranoid about keeping backups. :) I took a screenshot of the directory listing on my PC so that I could "remember" which ones had been done prior. I then rebooted my phone and proceeded to do another NANDroid backup. The backup did complete -- there were no errors. I then did what I wanted to do (I installed the new ICS theme being developed).

After the theme was installed, I rebooted the phone and took another look at the clockwork backup directory on my SD card. There were no new directories created meaning that NANDroid, apparently, overwrote a previous backup. That's not good. It is possible I did something wrong, but I did nothing different the 12th time than I did for the previous 11 backups.

While I cannot assume to know how difficult this bug would be to fix, my gut feeling is that it isn't too hard and would really add to the functionality of this program to the Optimus Slider. I'd even be willing to take a crack at fixing it myself if source (including a makefile) were made available (perhaps they are; I haven't looked for it). I assume it's written such that a Linux-based make and an appropriate ARM6-aware cross compiler will compile it.

codyth53

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
While we are on this subject, has anyone noticed the time that shows up on the lockscreen when the Slider first turns on? For me, it always shows a time like 7:03PM before it changes to the correct time. I'm just saying this because it may be a hardware issue with it not retaining the time. I always connected this as being the reason the recovery always had the wrong time, but I don't know for sure. Just observing.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

crux

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
While we are on this subject, has anyone noticed the time that shows up on the lockscreen when the Slider first turns on? For me, it always shows a time like 7:03PM before it changes to the correct time. I'm just saying this because it may be a hardware issue with it not retaining the time. I always connected this as being the reason the recovery always had the wrong time, but I don't know for sure. Just observing.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

Yeah, when mine turns on it reads 7:00 pm and then changes to whatever time it really is.

I have also had issues with the recovery but not for the same reason as you. When I tried to restore one of my nandroid backups, it read "error MD 5 sum invalid" or something along those lines and it wouldn't restore. I find it really odd because it was a nandroid backup I made on that phone, using that recovery, and using that SD card..I have no clue why it happened or if it will happen again when I need to restore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member