[Rom] [Team Hydro] LG Optimus Q Rom

rookie407

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
*edited* this is now to the devs of HR just to show one of the few things you did wrong. still a great rom!!! =)

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Lets remember the rules everyone... Try and keep this conversation constructive and meaningful at the same time.
We may send you a warning, an infraction, or ban your account depending on your length of membership, severity of the violation, and previous violations:
  • Personal Attacks - Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to neither criticize nor insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If your are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic; you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.
  • Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.
You may review the entire forum rules from my signature below.

Thanks.
Paul627g, Android Central Moderator.

Reactions: jstntp and rosser

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
*Edited*

I apologize to rookie407... he pointed out a great point in relation to the Hydro Build of the LG L55C. If you want to update su binaries install Busybox (look for Jrummy's tool). Install busybox and you're set. I was mistaken and I apologize for any back and forth insults that we spouted towards each other on here. We need as many developers for these phones as we can find. I've worked hard to develop a theme, but outside of that I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to the OS itself (though I'm rapidly learning). I want a clean thread... Sorry!

Last edited:

morpheus1894

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
im not the most informed about the android software but i know i've been running this rom for the past month and i've had no issue with it so ever my battery lasts much longer with this rom build that jondevere modified ,but you guys reall yhave to give some people a break it's not a phone thats super high end and its probably never going to see an update. it's a stock rom thats has all the bloat taken out of it . much like modifiying a windows install by taking out the bloat software.the phone is limited in over clocking and it dont make sense to OC a phone like this when it pretty much is at it's limit. i love the phone but truely u can do only so much to it. also i posted something about the recovery and usb drivers about this phone a while back . and it was the exact directions i took to root and install the rom . i even included links .

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
hey jcole20 i have a question i installed this rom then factory reset the phone and the zip was not on my sd card and now when i try installing it again it installs and stops at installation complete and thats it what should i do????

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Uh, can you walk me through the process you did again... from what I'm understanding you flashed the rom (from the .zip) prior to wiping data/factory reset. Meaning you flashed this rom on top of your current rom. Are you unable to reboot the phone? If so and you can boot into recovery, try going to "mounts and storage" in recovery, and then "mount USB storage". Once there drag the .zip onto the sd card from the computer and reflash it. Do the process in this order... Wipe Cache. Go to Advanced and Wipe Dalvik Cache. Then hit Back (third button from the left on the bottom (2nd from the right)). Go to install from zip from sdcard and install the Team Hydro rom (the .zip). When its done it should say Installation Complete. Reboot the phone after that (reboot system now)...and you're good. REMEMBER IF YOU HAVE CWM-BASED RECOVERY DO NOT FACTORY RESET/WIPE DATA FROM THE SETTINGS MENU IN THE PHONE. ALWAYS DO THAT WIPE FROM CWM RECOVERY (What you enter when you hold down the home button, the volume down button, and the power button from a phone off state.) Hope that helps! If it doesn't give me more of an explanation of what you did/went through.

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
yea i put the rom on my phone then i went into privacy and hit factory reset and i put the .zip on my sd card and tried applying the zip and it said complete and then i hit reboot now and it brought me back to recovery mode it does this over and over again

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
when i install the rom from the CWM-based recovery v5.0.2.7 menu it says this E:unknown volume for path [sdcard:tempupdate.zip] Ecant mount SDCARD:tempupdate.zip installation aborted

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I hate to tell you this but I believe you bricked your phone. If you can get into adb you might be able to push the rom onto your phone. But in all likelihood you bricked the phone. I'm sorry idk what to tell you.

rookie407

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
when i install the rom from the CWM-based recovery v5.0.2.7 menu it says this E:unknown volume for path [sdcard:tempupdate.zip] Ecant mount SDCARD:tempupdate.zip installation aborted

sounds more like your sdcard is corrupted if you can get into recovery mode then its not bricked... try putting the rom on a diff sd card

before installing it go into recovery mode and do a factory reset (DO NOT DO THIS IN THE SETTINGS MENU)
then go to advanced options and wipe delvick cache, after that go to mounts and storage and format boot, cache, data, and system nothing else! then try installing the rom!

hope this helps

new2smartfonz

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm replying to the first post in this thread as you seem to be the guy who knows about this the most. First off, I'll say that I know virtually NOTHING, so even your directions need a little expanding for ME. "Backup current setup"--how? And "install .zip rom from sd card"--how and what is that?

Also the thread says a stock ROM has "Carrier IQ" embedded in it. I am guessing that might mean that if "carrier iq" were NOT in there, the phone could work on another carrier?

new2smartfonz

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
If the carrier iq does as I'm guessing, then maybe it can be erased. If it can be erased so that a Straight Talk phone can be used on Virgin Mobile network, and/or vice versa, then I'd be glad for info about how to do that from someone.

Here is the situation I have: I bought a Str Talk Opt Q on eBay. Seller gave IMEI number and said she couldn't activate. Before buying I called ST who said that the inactive status would just be changed (I was already a ST user and knew my zip code could be ok for the Opt Q), the phone was new and yes could be activated. I bought and recvd the phone and called to activate and, lo and behold, ST tells me it CANNOT be as it still shows as in WM inventory, could be taken back to store with register receipt...BUT tho that might have worked for the original buyer, I bought it down the chain a couple steps. So I am on this forum to see if anyone can "unlock" or "flash" or something so that this phone can be used on maybe Virgin Mobile if ST cannot. It's a nice phone AND I hate losing the money. After that, other things rooting does might be nice, but I cannot even get the phone ACTIVATED as it is.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay dude... carrier iq will not unlock your phone. I really wish I could help you, but your phone sounds like it wasn't activated at a register. (This means that it is stolen *usually*). Unfortunately, yes this phone would work on both boost and vm (theoretically)... as far as what you can do to activate the phone. I really don't know what to tell you. If the phone you have is stolen it's going to be very hard to do. I wish I could give you more answers, but the imei would need to be activated on a third party prepaid carrier that operates off the sprint network.

new2smartfonz

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that's what the ST customer service person said AFTER I got it (tho before I bought it on eBay they'd said that the inactive status would just be changed). I asked if that meant it was stolen and they sounded like it more likely could just be an error at the cash register but it would need to be taken to WalMart with receipt to get it fixed. Obviously from eBay I don't have that WM receipt and can't get it. If ST hadn't told me that it was ok and its inactive status was a simple thing to change, I would never have bought it. Anyway, the "third party carrier operating off Sprint network" could probably BE Virgin Mobile, but what would I need to do to the phone so that they could activate it? I've read about iPhones being unlocked to operate on any carrier (either from factory or by a person), and I thought maybe this phone had that potential. I doubt VM will activate an IMEI that isn't its own (concluded because I inadvertently bought a Sprint Peel once, just assuming it was a VM Peel because that's all I'd ever heard of :-\). Just don't have a clue what I could do. But thanks for making a reply--I appreciate someone even thinking about this outloud with me.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm sorry man. Vm might do it idk I've never used vm before. Idk much about them. I wish I could tell you what to do. That really sucks. The phone is cdma so that's sprint or verizon... I would just think you'd have the best luck with sprint.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk