LG L55C STalkon Rom

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay, android central user ryanthurman92 shared the STalkon rom with me. I didn't enjoy the theme, but I loved the custom power menu options, and the ADB root. So yesterday I spent the whole day modifying the Rom to my likings, I'm now left with a flashable .zip (rom). I decided I'd share my efforts with everyone because getting these icons back to normal was a very long process and most people aren't up for the task of replacing and recompiling all of these .apk's. This rom is considerably lighter than the others....

Quick Overview of Features:
Lighter, Faster than stock rom.
Busybox Preinstalled
Prerooted (Even ADB root)
Custom Shutdown Animation
(I believe the rom is completely deodexed)
Added Reboot and Reboot into Recovery Options to the Power Button Press Menu
Stock bloat removed
HTC Keyboard (as well as the stock android keyboard, and swype)
It is roughly a 40mb install.
One of the biggest features is that this rom leaves me with almost 100mb of internal memory after installing all of the programs I use on my phone (HUGE PLUS *I'm usually around 60-80mb*)
Custom Sounds added to Notifications and Ringtones

*Things I've added / changed*
I got rid of the horrible (imo) icons all over the rom. (With this rom changing that stuff is a lot more involved (at least initially) than using UOT.))
I changed the status bar, notification window, signal bars. (With this rom changing that stuff is a lot more involved (at least initially) than using UOT.))
Added my favorite font (I've yet to find this font in any font changing program but its my favorite (*if you just want the font its available in the stock nandroid backup thread*)
(Themed to ICS Blue)
Removed the five or so apps he added to the rom.
Added Maps.apk, Youtube.apk, and Swype.apk back into the rom.
Custom Window Animations (Custom Animation ACID Lestatious: - YouTube)
Custom Boot Animation
I take no credit for this rom, all I did was make it look a hell of a lot better (imo).

Flash this by booting into recovery. Wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache. Wipe data/factory reset (from recovery!). Then flash the .zip (install from .zip).

This should be general knowledge but Titanium Backups are not meant to backup everything across Roms. You may backup your added apps (for example if you downloaded AngryBirds) but don't try to restore a backup of system apps with this rom.

Enjoy!

*Small note, the wallpaper, icons on the desktop and dock you see are part of an adw theme (Glow Legacy Pro (Wallpaper from Zedge))*

Rom Link: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5ludpXGl7ACMjVlNzUzNzAtYTdiNS00YjFlLWI1NWEtYzNmOWNhZjVjNzg0

****ALWAYS REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING ANYTHING****

Last edited:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
*Rom reuploaded and edited to keep legal.* Reimplemented Maps, Youtube, and Swype into the rom. Removed the apps added outside of stock.

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
This is not made for the VM701, correct?

If you'd like, I can port it via Dsixda's ROM kitchen and you can take full credit. I have a bit of experience doing that...

I'd be able to test it first on my VM701, of course, because it's a pretty cool looking ROM.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This is made for the LG L55C... while the roms may work (idk) on either. The keymapping is slightly different, and its generally not a good idea to flash a rom for a different device on a device it wasn't made for. I'm not sure what Dsixda's rom kitchen is. You can attempt it if you would like... i dont need credit. I just worked on this rom (not my rom, but the original was rough visually imo) to make it look better and remove the bloat the creator added and reimplement the 'bloat' he removed. I did this for myself, but after working on it for as long as I did... I can't imagine anyone else wanting to do it. So I thought I'd share my changes for others who would be interested in this rom. Thank you for your reply :) .

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
wish this worked on the Virgin Slider

well, i can work on it more... i think after i replace a few apks and framework files it should work...

but i'm kinda new to editing roms, so it'll be a trial and error process.

the good news? i've got a bootable version working, but data doesn't work and i know how to fix the WiFi (which i dont think works either).

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, I spent 2 days editing the rom for this trying to get a working rom. Unfortunately there's a lot of bloat in the systemui.apk and the framework-res.apk on this rom. The rom runs and its nice, but there were some things I didn't like about it enough to stick with it... Thank you ryanthurman92 for sharing this rom with me, but it's still got issues. What I did made it look better, but the systemui.apk is so bloated and full of dependencies its ridiculous. It didn't really feel stable after a couple hours of usage. But I stuck with it for a day or so... I went back to Hydro today. You all are welcome to try it out if you';d like...or if you want fix it up more than I did. I'm tired of messing with the rom.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
well, i can work on it more... i think after i replace a few apks and framework files it should work...

but i'm kinda new to editing roms, so it'll be a trial and error process.

the good news? i've got a bootable version working, but data doesn't work and i know how to fix the WiFi (which i dont think works either).

You need to use the Slider's wifi libs/firmware as well as RIL libs. Wifi will be easy, data not so much.

ryanthurman92

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Just so everyone knows. The rom did come from me but a different tinkerer gave it to me. I don't know if he has done anything since and don't remember his username. He'll probably eventually see the thread. Idk. But his rom is the best in my opinion

ryanthurman92

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Everyones phone seems to run different. Like my girls opt v doesn't overclock as much as most. This rom just made a damn good start for my rom and it runs great for me. Sorry it didn't work for you bro. :\

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Not saying the stalkon rom doesn't run well. But I think he edited the framework not just the framework-res.apk . I could probably get it running much better at this point but at the time I edited this rom to retheme it I didn't know near as much as I do now. I know a ton more now. The rom posted above is just rough. Id probably replace the drawable folders in framework-res.apk with the ones from my newer edited rom in here, and then do the same with the drawable-mdpi in systemui.apk. what I mean is... copy all my images out of my version of the hydro roms drawable folders that I edited and merge them with the ones in here. I may even just flash a new framework, framework-res.apk and systemui.apk but that would get rid of the reboot options in the power menu. I'm just thinking out loud sorry, but I think I could get the stalkon rom pretty nice if I got the energy. But at this point I'm looking at a diff rom.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

ryanthurman92

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
This rom is the only one I've seen with flash and the power menu options that it has. If I could find a full cyanogenmod id definately use that. Wish I knew how to program

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't get flash working in this rom either. But, as far as the power menu options... now that there's source I'm on another website like AC thats working on a port of Android 2.3.7 to this phone. Eventually we'll have cm7. A full compile of CM for this phone would take quite awhile and require a lot of computing power/time and is not something you can just jump into. I do find it somewhat humorous when people think its so easy... they go to github and back out before they even begin. I appreciate this rom, but unless someone or myself can figure out how to remove all the theme inside of it (I did that with this one) and keep it stable (im assuming it would require either editing some of the .xml's in the framewrok-res.apk or deleting them) simply being able to reboot or reboot recovery isn't enough to keep me on this one. Personally I just open a terminal window and type su then reboot recovery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon