[ROM] [VM701] Fabulous Stock

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Code:
PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUSTS!

DOWNLOAD

The Goods
- Stock odexed ROM with no graphical changes whatsoever
- All system apps are zipaligned for RAM optimization
- Works great with GingerKernel
- Removed annoying startup and shutdown sounds
- Rooted with Busybox

To Install
1. Place fabulousstock.zip at the root of your SD card
2. Boot into CWM Recovery
3. Wipe Dalvik cache and cache; no need for factory reset
4. Select install zip from SD card
5. Select the file that was named in step 1
6. flash zip
7. (optional) redo steps 4-6 but with GingerKernel

Please remember to hit "thanks" if you like this! :) Also, you may use this as a base for your custom ROM if you would like. I might also make a similar deodexed ROM if any of you want it.

Reactions: sitarfrog

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I have a small question for y'all...

How do I change the power menu to include reboot and recovery?

It's simple, just edit ShutdownThread.smali to include the functions, and add the buttons.

I'm being sarcastic, and obviously it's not that simple. There is a really good tutorial thread over on XDA, I don't have the link handy though.

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
well, get a root file explorer and go to system/app and rename all the apps that you don't want to _______.bak so that you can restore them if you need to.

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
k, so i'm testing out a new version. not much has been changed except for the fact that i deleted VMLive and added some speed tweaks (not sure how much it will change)

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
if i system format will is mess with my recovery? i do have a Clockwork recovery just quite a few roms dont wanna work right i think it might be because im not taking the right steps to go from one rom to another but most of these forums dont really explain what steps to take when going from one to another if someone could enlighten id be most grateful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234