[ROM] [PORT] Cyanbread X for VM701- Version 1.3 with lockscreen

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Original Thread with Screenshots

<Download link removed by me>

Code:
I am not to be held responsible if your phone spontaneously combusts or gets screwed up or something along those lines!

Oh, and it works with GingerKernel!

TO FLASH:
1) Boot into CWM Recovery
2) Wipe Cache
3) Wipe Dalvik Cache
4) Install .zip from SD card
5) Reboot

I am warning you... do not NinjaMorph the framework-res.apk or SystemUI.apk in any way because when I tried to do that, the status bar wouldn't show up until after I flashed a stock GB ROM. Another thing is that you should uncheck "Automatic Software Updates" in the Software Updates app as those updates will be made for a different phone.

Everything else works perfectly, including WiFi and data.
If you do ever encounter an error, please PM me and I can help you get it sorted out.

Happy flashing,
estabien

P.S. Oh, and the icons are off color in the picture only... they match the statusbar perfectly on the actual phone.

Code:
CHANGELOG
1.0-1.1
First stable releases

Lockscreen slider themed (see pic below)
Bootanimation added
WHAT TO EXPECT IN FUTURE UPDATES
- Feel free to suggest anything that is doable, and I will inform you whether I personally can do it or not!

OKAY, so I think I'm going to take jcole's idea and make this into a theme for mobster's ROM... that would eliminate any weird problems lol.

Last edited:

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Cyanbread X ported to VM701

did you wipe all caches before flashing?

it worked fine for me... try pulling out the battery and turning it on again.

I'm sorry ):

edit if that doesn't work flash gelato, reboot and go into recovery to flash cyanbread again.

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site

Cool, I was planning on changing that anyways to something more... generic....

EDIT: i am building version 1.1 as we speak and i added a different boot animation, zipaligned the apks, and i'm signing it.

EDIT2: It's booting and the new animation works perfectly.

And it just booted. Uploading 1.1 to Github as i type this.

Last edited:

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site

UPDATE:

I will be releasing 1.3 tonight or tomorrow if everything goes as planned. The new version will include Froyo themed sliders with Cyan icons and I'm looking into changing the downanimation.

Screenshots later ;)

Reactions: LeoLawliet

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [PORT] Cyanbread X for VM701- Version 1.3 with lockscre

I can try deleting some unnessecary apps, but that's all I can do.

Also I'm working on fixing MMS...

Last edited:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

If I were you I'd just open the drawable-mdpi and drawable-mdpi-finger folders from the .apk's I themed (mms, contacts, music, framework-res, systemui, and any others you can think of (I can't remember)) and copy the images into the associated apk's on the Hydro Slider rom. Actually porting this rom is a bit much. No real reason to actually port the rom. Just drag the folders from each .apk in the rom I themed to a folder. Copy the images inside and put them in the associated .apk on the Slider. It'll take about 30-45 minutes, but it should save you a lot of trouble with apk's not working...

mdboberts

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Just flashed. Great looking Rom. The free space thing is an issue tho. Ill test drive it for a few days tho..

djsteelix

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Dsp mannager would be awesome on this rom...and well if possible some speed twicks?

djsteelix

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Oh and can you delete data to factory settings? After booting into the rom?

xanphi3

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site

DANG! I like the hipnotoad boot animation. But I too experienced hang on boot. Can't tell you how long I waited before pulling battery due to the deep alpha state i was in. I had thrashed my cache and wiped my dalvik before flashing. I have: sys rom 165 mb/23 mb free, internal 189 mb/54 mb free. Do you think freeing up some space would help? I'm an 18 year Linux vet w/ gentoo & LFS merrit badges and i do RFM. But I'm new to android so please pardon my noobiness.

xanphi3

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, IPM count not high enough to answer yet & I don't want to cruft up the thread. Will RSP ASAP.

iHideInTrees

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

So I can just flash this over gelato right? Because that's what I did and almost all my apps f/c. And yes I wiped the cache and dalvik cache.

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember if I flashed it over Gelato or not. I'm thinking of closing this thread and making a theme based on Mobster's ROM... it would be so much simpler.

Sent from me to the Internet to you...

Reactions: Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I don't remember if I flashed it over Gelato or not. I'm thinking of closing this thread and making a theme based on Mobster's ROM... it would be so much simpler.

Sent from me to the Internet to you...

Cool you have my approval ;)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty