[ROM] [VM701] Mobster Rom v1.4 update: 5/28

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
No problem... id use the dsp manager from cm7 I can link you to a working version for these phones.. (I use it on mine). The beats audio app is no different, but sounds so much better because of the beats audio headphones. Though the difference is no more than eq changes... the beats audio apk does nothing more than apps available on the market. Adding dsp in will give people more play with the overall sound of their device. As it adjusts headphone sound, speaker, etc. Id put titanium backup, dsp manager, and flash into the /data/app folder. That way its installed as a user app. I suggest putting the team hydro gelato kernel in as the boot.img. Enable the crt animations on screen off. Try maybe enabling tether on the build.prop change the tether.denied value to false. Make sure a2sd is enabled and walk people through setting up a partition. Maybe use some init.d tweaks but id be weary without being able to test them if I were you. What works on one phone doesn't work on all. The poweroff.apk has the shutdown animation you can edit it if you'd like. Id try to remove ciq but if you can't test it be very careful with that as well since ciq is deeply ingrained into the rom and its hard to deactivate without causing force closes. If you shoot me the framework-res.apk and systemui.apk ill try to set you guys up a theme for the phones to match the name. Hope this helps though you probably know all of this.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

Reactions: djsteelix

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [VM701] Mobster Rom v1.2.5 update: 3/7

No problem... id use the dsp manager from cm7 I can link you to a working version for these phones.. (I use it on mine). The beats audio app is no different, but sounds so much better because of the beats audio headphones. Though the difference is no more than eq changes... the beats audio apk does nothing more than apps available on the market. Adding dsp in will give people more play with the overall sound of their device. As it adjusts headphone sound, speaker, etc. Id put titanium backup, dsp manager, and flash into the /data/app folder. That way its installed as a user app. I suggest putting the team hydro gelato kernel in as the boot.img. Enable the crt animations on screen off. Try maybe enabling tether on the build.prop change the tether.denied value to false. Make sure a2sd is enabled and walk people through setting up a partition. Maybe use some init.d tweaks but id be weary without being able to test them if I were you. What works on one phone doesn't work on all. The poweroff.apk has the shutdown animation you can edit it if you'd like. Id try to remove ciq but if you can't test it be very careful with that as well since ciq is deeply ingrained into the rom and its hard to deactivate without causing force closes. If you shoot me the framework-res.apk and systemui.apk ill try to set you guys up a theme for the phones to match the name. Hope this helps though you probably know all of this.

i'll see if i can add both audio mods and others :) but in my opinion the audio mods don't do anything.... im running CM9 for the Triumph i don't really see how DSP manager changes anything.....

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The app def works but u gotta enable like eq and stuff to notice a difference. It works but the setting changes aren't noticable without headphones or like plugged into a aux port on a decent speaker system (like in a car).

djsteelix

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Smartness...you should school me on android development :,) ahahahaah!
And yes dsp is the best even tho I haven't had any experience with beats...but what I do is conbine power amp and dsp on my optimus v withcm7 by bobzhome
To obtain better sound quality (;

djsteelix

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Ok, tv style animations woked but only to turn off and I also knoticed a new animation in the battery while charging

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
DPS Manager definitely made a huge difference once I set it up how I like it, it also depends on what headphones you use. I use Skullcandy ink'd buds that I modded onto an iPhone headphone and I can hear every bit of difference in the audio as I tweak it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Ok, tv style animations woked but only to turn off and I also knoticed a new animation in the battery while charging

Yup i thought the battery mod could use a real animation instead of what it had :)

Edit: i would include the crt on animation but that includes smali-editing.....

Last edited:
Reactions: djsteelix

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

i sent messages to Mobstergunz

What is with this guys posts in this thread saying that? I don't understand it.

Also, this ROM is getting nearer to being my main ROM, but could you do something about the memory? Gelatos ROM gives you about 175MB free space while this ROM only gives you 130 or so. Or is this just me?

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

Probably the kernels if its not the kernel from the gelato rom... if not, make sure you have an a2sd partition setup from recovery. Then boot into the rom, open up a terminal, and type in su then hit enter... then type in a2sd reinstall. That should enable a2sd for all user apps.

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Probably the kernels if its not the kernel from the gelato rom... if not, make sure you have an a2sd partition setup from recovery. Then boot into the rom, open up a terminal, and type in su then hit enter... then type in a2sd reinstall. That should enable a2sd for all user apps.

im not using anything from the Gelato Rom.... im adding these tweaks and mods from the ground up... but i'll see what i can do about storage memory....

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

im not using anything from the Gelato Rom.... im adding these tweaks and mods from the ground up... but i'll see what i can do about storage memory....

Yeah I was just saying I'm guessing the kernel from the Gelato Rom has a lighter footprint from the kernel in this one. Not that thats a big issue... just saying.

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I was just saying I'm guessing the kernel from the Gelato Rom has a lighter footprint from the kernel in this one. Not that thats a big issue... just saying.

yeah but wouldn't that change after you install GingerKernel?

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Yup i thought the battery mod could use a real animation instead of what it had :)

Edit: i would include the crt on animation but that includes smali-editing.....

I would love to see the on animation added. Btw I'm gonna flash this build now. V1.1 had excellent battery life, 18 hours on a full charge.

Sent from my LG-VM701 Gelato 11-28 via Tapatalk

Reactions: Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Not sure what you're asking buddy.

im asking if you flash the ginger kernel doesn't it replace the kernel that came with my rom? meaning that whether you install Gelato or my Rom wouldn't the kernel be the same if you flash GingerKernel?

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

im asking if you flash the ginger kernel doesn't it replace the kernel that came with my rom? meaning that whether you install Gelato or my Rom wouldn't the kernel be the same if you flash GingerKernel?

Yes it would. Gelato has its own Kernel and you have your own Kernel... But... GingerKernel is just a kernel... Which means no matter what ROM you use you have the same Kernel...As long as you flash the GingerKernel

All kernels pretty much do is tell the hardware how to work with the software more efficiently.

Reactions: Mobstergunz

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Nope, I use Gingerkernel with Gelato and it's about 175MB free after a fresh flash. After installing this ROM, and Gingerkernel, it gives about only 135MB or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech