Please help! LG optimus slider Stuck at VM Screen....

caranthrhiadra

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey there, I have been rooting and running custom roms for a bit.. I ran into an issues just this once and so far have not been able to figure out what to do now...

what I did

used the guide in the sticky and all was fine till I installed BobZhome stuff.... now even after reflashing and restoring my NAND backup, it will boot till the music plays saying virgin mobile and just as it looks like it will boot into the lock screen, it recycles the animation.

so you may understand, can boot to recovery fine, boots to the lg logo and goes past that fine, plays virgin mobile animation fine, then keeps replaying the animation over and over...

please help, I am at a loss here and am hoping its not outright bricked.

ty all

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Please help!lg optimus slider Stuck at VM Screen....

Hey there, I have been rooting and running custom roms for a bit.. I ran into an issues just this once and so far have not been able to figure out what to do now...

what I did

used the guide in the sticky and all was fine till I installed BobZhome stuff.... now even after reflashing and restoring my NAND backup, it will boot till the music plays saying virgin mobile and just as it looks like it will boot into the lock screen, it recycles the animation.

so you may understand, can boot to recovery fine, boots to the lg logo and goes past that fine, plays virgin mobile animation fine, then keeps replaying the animation over and over...

please help, I am at a loss here and am hoping its not outright bricked.

ty all

Boot into recovery... go to mounts and storage and format everything except the sdcard. Then from that mounts and storage menu mount usb storage. Put a different rom for the slider on to your sdcard (that you've confirmed working in the past). Go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache, then wipe cache from the main menu... go ahead and wipe data/factory reset (this is redundant but just do it). Install the rom (install .zip from sdcard). You're not bricked just so you know. :)

caranthrhiadra

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
ok did everything you just said, and am still getting the same problem...

is there a way to uninstall the ginger 7.1 update? or a way to force a phone full reset? like a firmware based reload?

it seems it got the worst after that and tried to load the TeamHydro rom... are there issues like mine often?

mdragland0093

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I am very new to this and i am haveing the exact same problem but with the optimus q and it wont let me use mass storeage to put any other zip on the sdcard all i can do is open it up to recovery

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz