[ROM] [AndroidArea51][LG L55C (Optimus Q)] AreaRomQ v1.2

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Here's a little teaser of ARQ V1.3

Team AndroidArea51 has a big surprise for you all coming soon :)

jsyhat.jpg

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I/we are currently working on AreaRomQ v1.3. And I desperately need a few more beta testers. But only a few. If anyones interested, hit me up on the chat over at Android Area51. Just msg me on the irc (chat client) and let me get to know you and I'll try to get you added to the beta testing team. I need a few more people to test the progress on AreaRomQ v1.3 and some idea people so hit me up and we'll see what we can do. I'd really like to get a v1.3 release out before we announce our big surprise soon. So if you're interested and you know your way around recovery and android some please hit me up. :)

2psessy.png

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
AreaRomQ v1.3 is in beta testing now...

New Changes
-fixed the black on black error with the notification window
-AreaRom Boot Animation
-Integrated Spare Parts (Extra Settings) and Notification Toggles into settings
-Symlinked Reboot from Busybox
-Fixed a few minor issues with Arq v1.2
-New Shutdown Animation
-Integrated NitroLagNullifier
-Gingerbread Screen off and Screen On animations working
-ADB Shell access is working again WITH FLASH!
-Just an all around good daily rom :)

VIP Members of androidarea51 should have access to it by Thursday and the general public will have access by Saturday :)

sneak310

Banned
May 1, 2012
Visit site
you say in the directions to follow this guide: Custom CWM Recovery For the Q - Android Area51

but it says there this: "NOTE: Rom Manager Does not work on this phone nor will any other CWM Recovery so please dont try to use either it will lead to issues!"

So here I am with my terminal open, typing "mount"... and I notice this big red message at the bottom.

So is it safe or not for the Straight Talk Optimus Q?

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Its safe rom managers not. Use common sense. The title of the thread is cwm recovery for the q...

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

sneak310

Banned
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Its safe rom managers not. Use common sense. The title of the thread is cwm recovery for the q...

Howbout YOU use common sense, and try reading before replying. It gives a downlad link for a CWM and says that a CWM recovery will lead to issues.

Well, I've done what it said but it makes no changes at all after reboot. So this DOES NOT work.

Last edited:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Lol dude I'm a dev for the q... I made this rom above. I also made arq v1.3 and v1.4 that was released yesterday. again reread my last post and include check your sources before you get high and mighty. Also, cwm will not give you any issues. If you're afraid of a custom recovery you're ill-informed. And I don't know where you're reading a custom recovery will give you issues. Straight-talk/net10 will even honor the warranty if its bricked with a custom recovery on it. we've seen that happen countless times.

To give you some insight on myself, I added opengl rednering a la cyanogenmod mod to arq v1.4. Its deodexed and zipaligned. I rebuilt the kernel. Its got a quick boot enabled. New transition animations, 3300 themed images, init.d support in the kernel. Its prerooted, v6 supercharged and I got the second highest benchmark ever recorded on the q with it. Before you get so tempermental try it out and pay attention to who you're snapping at. If you're scared and think a 'custom recovery' causes issues you've got no business doing this stuff on your phone to begin with.

As far as it not working after reboot... you need to go back to the drawing board and just google cwm recovery to see what it is. Its not an app lol. Its a low level bootloader mod that gives you the ability to flash and backup. You might want to enter recovery before you say it doesn't work. Go to terminal and type su. Then type reboot recovery. You're welcome.

sneak310

Banned
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Phone decided CWM should work this time I guess.

I have the ROM flashed but CarrierIQ still exists, tested with 3 different apps.

Last edited:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I never claimed to have removed ciq... but its disabled. Ciq is baked into the kernel and the frameworks and probably more. You can't remove ciq without compiling an aosp rom. Ciq is deactivated and I've removed the most I can without either causing fc's or account issues.

sneak310

Banned
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I never claimed to have removed ciq... but its disabled. Ciq is baked into the kernel and the frameworks and probably more. You can't remove ciq without compiling an aosp rom. Ciq is deactivated and I've removed the most I can without either causing fc's or account issues.

Well it must be possible to disable/remove if Trevor Eckhart did

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It is disabled sneak310. The activating.apk is gone... but removing it anymore will force the remnants to begin replicating ciq files. This isn't the same phone. Trevor Eckhart was using an HTC with a completely different generation of CarrierIQ. CIQ is deactivated in our phones with AreaRomQ. Please run Voodoo CarrierIQ detector. In yellow it says
CarrierIQ elements found
- however it seems inactive

Below this you'll see a logcat. Now in the logcat you'll see a process trying to start "android.iqd". This is the iq agent trying to activate. Continue scrolling down and you'll see that the process repeatedly crashes. It begins scheduling a restart and cycling this process all over again. It's doing this because the carrier iq agent has been disabled.

Here's the situation, the carrier iq agent's libraries are called on by both the framework and many of the .apk's in the rom. A library is a piece of shared code. CIQ is called on throughout the phone via these libraries. You may see its also initialized by the kernel when viewing the voodoo results. The kernel is basically the engine of your phone, and I've seen references to CIQ throughout the ramdisk of the Q's kernel. The problem is, when we begin to remove anymore than what we have we get force closes, or malfunctions in communications ie the Accounts&Sync apk. I do not like CarrierIQ either, but unfortunately we're stuck with it until an aosp compile becomes available. I hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol