[ROM] [AndroidArea51][LG L55C (Optimus Q)] AreaRomQ v1.2

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This ROM was made for the LG Optimus Q (for Straight-Talk and Net10 ONLY)
--If you use TiBackup you want to only backup User Apps before restoring them with this rom!!!

--PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP FROM RECOVERY BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM!--

**** READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE INSTALLING PLEASE!!! ****

Disclaimer: We here at Area 51 Development Group are formally Not responsible for anything
that may happen to your phone while you are installing this rom. With that in mind
installing this is totally at your discretion. This a ClockWorkMod (CWM) Install which is usually a
painless process, however, be aware that doing this will ROOT your phone and VOID any warranty
you may have on your phone. Installing software not from the market has its risks. This
software has been tested by myself and my Beta Test Team. Still we are not responsible for
anything that may happen if you use this product in anyway other than intended.

WARNING: THIS PRODUCT WILL ROOT YOUR PHONE AND VOID AND THEREFORE VOID ANY WARRANTY
YOU MAY HAVE. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO PROCEED PLEASE DELETE THE SOFTWARE NOW.

Some Release Notes:
In order to get flash to be able to work with this rom, it meant enabling ADB root. This kills adb shell access.
Unfortunately there was no way around this. It does not effect performance and 99% of users will not use the ADB shell.
However, if you do, a flashable .zip will be available in the Kernel release section of the Area51 forums.

You must have CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY (CWM) Installed to use this Rom
ClockWorkMod is a custom recovery interface that allows users to make
backups and install custom roms. If you do not know what that is or how to install please go here:

CWM Recovery

AreaRomQ v1.2

Full ChangeLog (from Stock):
-a2sd enabled and working
-init.d support enabled
-internet tweaks to maxout 3g (kernel based)
-CallerIQ disabled
-Privacy (factory reset) and Software update removed from Settings
-Rooted
-BusyBox enabled and updated to v1.19.3
-All System Apps currently updated
-Added *Working* ARM6 Adobe Flash, DSP Manager (CM7), Terminal Emulator, and Titanium Backup!!!
-New Bootanimation
-Cleaned up the rom to create a faster more stable rom
-Full Theme
-CyanogenMod7 ADW Launcher added
-Enabled CRT Style (Gingerbread) Screen Off/Lock Animation
-Added Flip Window Animations
-New Dialer
-Deodexed and Zipaligned
-Reboot and Recovery Options added on Long Power Press
-New Frameworks
-added GPS tweaks
-increased max window manager events to 150
-added sqlite3 (From ICS) into the rom for vacuuming of databases

Changes from ARQ v1.1 (Stuff I've Done)
-Corrected low quadrant benchmark scores!
-Corrected force closes!
-Cleaned up the rom and added a LOT more to my original AreaRomQ v1.1 theme
-ARQ Kernel* -DroidHost
-Changed the shutdown Animation
-Removed the Straight-Talk name from the rom completely
(since the phone is used on Net10, and Straight-Talk)
-Removed Privacy and Software-Update from Settings (AmazingLarry removed software update)
-Added CM7 ADW Launcher
-Changed Bootanimation
-Changed Window Animations
-Added sounds
-Reimplemented Swype and YouTube
-Enabled CRT Style Screen Off
-Corrected battery life issues
-Added sqlite3 into the rom for vacuuming of databases (thanks for your help on that AmazingLarry)
-Any other small issues people may have seen in AreaRomQ v1.1 should be corrected.
-BIG BIG thanks to rookie407 for all of his work on the original AreaRomQ v1.1!!!

*Quad score bencmarks have nearly doubled from the initial release!*
*AnTuTu Benchmark over 1600!*

What I've (jcole20) done:
Along with the changelog above my biggest goal with this release was to correct any and all issues people
may have faced with the initial AreaRomQ release(s). I've spent some time doing so, and I'm happy with this
release. The team here has worked hard to get this release available for public download. The theme is much
more complete, the rom is running very smooth, and I think everyone will be very happy with this release. A
huge thanks goes to AmazingLarry for helping to correct some of the issues we had with the beta(s). Thank
you! A lot ot thanks goes out to the entire DEV team at AndroidArea51. Without DroidHost, Rookie407,
AmazingLarry, and the BetaTeam (lifbrngr, ForgedRook, Fester64 (also an admin/dev :) ) this release would not
be here. If you run into any of them THANK THEM!!!
SO ENJOY THE BEST ROM CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR THE LG OPTIMUS Q...

Credits:
-Huge thanks to DroidHost for creating an awesome Kernel!
-Big thanks to Rookie407 for getting CIQ Deactivated, adding the reboot and recovery options,
enabling Busybox, and updating the su binaries.
-HUGE thanks to all the beta testers for helping me to figure out and correct any issues.
(Without the BetaTeam this rom would not be as stable as it is)
-Big thanks to rori for creating the original CyanBreadX (CM7) theme that this theme was built from.

screen_20120327_1402.png

screen_20120327_1403.png

screen_20120328_0054.png

screen_20120326_1811.png

screen_20120327_0038.png

screen_20120327_1410.png

Installation Instructions (For Dummies)
*I strongly recommend you take advantage of A2SD and the extra internal storage that comes with it!*

Intro:
This is going to be broken up into two sections... if you're going to use A2SD continue reading here.
A2SD when used properly will increase Internal Storage a ton. (I've currently got 180mb of free Internal)
If you don't want to take advantage of a2sd proceed to Installation Instructions "Section 2".
A2SD works by creating symbolic links and moves the majority of app data to the sd card as well as dalvik if you want.
This rom uses A2SD by default (if you partition properly)...removing the sd card will cause a loss of Apps added outside of the rom itself.
ie user apps.
However, the use of a2sd will not degrade performance at all...it simply frees a ton of internal storage.

You Need To Download AreaRomQ v1.2.zip

Section One:
Okay so you want to use A2SD... AWESOME!

Follow These Steps Exactly!!!

Step 1: Backup all the data on your sd card you want to save to your computer.
Step 2: Reboot into recovery/Boot into recovery
(You do so by powering the phone off. Holding down the physical home button below the screen,
the volume rocker down button, and finally the power button all at the same time until you enter
ClockWorkMod (CWM) recovery)

Step 3: In CWM/ClockWorkMod recovery go to the advanced option and select "Partition SD Card"
Step 4: Select your partition size. (I recommend 1024mb though 512mb can work depending on what you're trying to do)
Step 5: Select a 0mb swap partition size. (Swap is more harm than beneficial. DONT USE IT!)
Step 6: Go to Mounts and Storage in CWM and select "mount USB storage"
Step 7: Restore your sd card data. *Including the rom you want to flash*
IF EVERYTHING HAS GONE RIGHT UP UNTIL NOW PROCEED TO STEP 8... if not start over...
Step 8: Go ahead and wipe cache/wipe dalvik cache and wipe data/factory reset.
Step 9: Flash your rom... (install .zip from sd card)

What you did here was create an ext4 partition on your sd card for a2sd to use.

Step 10: When the phone boots up enter your account information and let it sit until sync finishes...
-i.e. let the phone sit for a few minutes after putting your account info in.
(Your signal bars will be cyan and the sync icon will dissapear from the Notification/Status Bar)
Step 11: Open Terminal Emulator (It's preinstalled!) and type "su" *without quotation marks* and press enter.
-Grant Terminal Emulator SuperUser Permissions (HIT YES)
Step 12: Type "a2sd cachesd" and hit enter.

The phone will now reboot. It will take awhile...don't panic! The phone is moving and building Dalvik-Cache onto the SD.

***There is a small chance of a temporary boot-loop when moving dalvik to the sd card. This will not result in a brick,
and is only temporary. Do not panic! Let the phone do its thing. It will loop once (on its own) and then boot back into
the rom. If you do happen to have this 'temp loop occur' you will likely need to reinput your account information...
Do that and everything will be fine. This is unavoidable as moving dalvik to the sd can sometimes glitch a bit... it
will, however, not degrade phone performance.***

Step 12: I recommend rebooting the phone after moving dalvik to the sd. Meaning... you let the phone boot up after it reboots from
the "a2sd cachesd" command. Then reboot the phone one more time. This helps the phone get adjusted to the rom and all the
benefits that come with it. :)

Thats it! A2SD is now properly enabled and working *Go ahead and check your internal storage :)*
Proceed to restore your TiTanium Backup of your apps...
In TiBackup hit the menu key and select Batch. Then Run "Restore Missing Apps With Data"
---Thats it :)

Congratulations you're now running AreaRomQ v1.2 with A2SD enabled!!!

Section Two:
Okay so you don't want to use A2SD... okay, but I highly recommend using A2SD. You will not get the full advantages of this
rom without using a2sd.

Again, as listed at the start... make sure the AreaRomQ v1.2.zip is on the root of your sd-card as well as the FlashPlayer11ARQ.zip

Follow These Steps Exactly!!!

Step 1: Copy the rom to the root of your SD Card. (Obviously :) )
Step 2: Boot into recovery/Reboot into recovery
Step 3: Wipe Cache and Wipe Dalvik-Cache
Step 4: Wipe Data/Factory Reset
Step 5: Flash the rom! (Install .zip from sdcard)
Step 6: When the phone boots up enter your account information and let it sit until sync finishes...
-i.e. let the phone sit for a few minutes after putting your account info in.
Step 7: *If you use TiBackup* go ahead and proceed to restore your "Missing Apps with Data"

Congratulations you're now running AreaRomQ v1.2!!!
Android Area51

Some Notes:

Attached below are several files. One is an alternate theme for AreaRomQ enabling some more alien looking status bar icons.
Also attached is the original (stock) theme that this rom has at first flash.
I/We hope you enjoy AreaRomQ v1.2 for the LG L55C (LG Optimus Q)

**************************************************************************************

****This ROM has been a compilation of all the previous efforts put forth with
****the developement of AreaRom(Q) fo the LG Optimus Q. This rom would not
****exist without a lot of help/work from everyone at the AreaRom team.
****More thank you's go out to DroidHost, Rookie407, fester64, AmazingLarry
****and all beta testers
****and ;O
****and PureEvil lol

**************************************************************************************

THE FILES:
AreaRomQ v1.2

MD5: 448eee4e96523af6a32b175c050cfb08 AreaRomQv1.2.zip
SHA1: d969eb0497eafeb64f92f578a6711b5ef3dce29a AreaRomQv1.2.zip

Last edited:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Cool cool lemme know if u need any help. I've got a decent idea of what needs to be done lol.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Not so much that I need permissions as much as we need to make sure a port will be completely stable before it can be released. I'm gonna work with the DevTeam and Estabien to make this happen for you all...

Reactions: LeoLawliet

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
once its ported Im going to work on the CRT ON. I got it to work on a ROM for my sister on her Optimus S, and I got it to work on the Gelato ROM, but lost the file.

As long as its okay with you. And if I can get it to work yall can use it for the release if ya want

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh I'm talking about ideas on porting. Like here's the deal. The rom as-is will boot and run on a slider. But it will soft brick after a short time and I can't use gingerkernel in it. It needs a slider kernel (boot.img). In the /system folder there's another folder called (usr) /system/usr (that needs to be replaced with a (usr) folder from a slider rom. And I need to go through and make it unified to match the optimus slider not q. I'm just not positive what else I may need to do to keep it stable. Its gonna be some trial and error with the dev team if I even do it. AmazingLarry or estabien may do it.

raymix1000

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Oh I'm talking about ideas on porting. Like here's the deal. The rom as-is will boot and run on a slider. But it will soft brick after a short time and I can't use gingerkernel in it. It needs a slider kernel (boot.img). In the /system folder there's another folder called (usr) /system/usr (that needs to be replaced with a (usr) folder from a slider rom. And I need to go through and make it unified to match the optimus slider not q. I'm just not positive what else I may need to do to keep it stable. Its gonna be some trial and error with the dev team if I even do it. AmazingLarry or estabien may do it.

would the wireless data need to be replaced as well?

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Don't think so but I honestly don't know. Rookie407 at arearom is now taking on this port. He's going to start fresh from the stock rom.

amazinglarry

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
well for the slider or q, i mean

yes i've made a rom for the Q for personal use, and am working on a new one from scratch from the deodexed rom i posted the other day.

the kernel isn't currently being built, i dont have the source, but i've unpacked the stock kernel and made modifications to it. I've built kernels for the 2 and g1/mytouch and recovery images as well. I released a rom for the mytough/g1 when the froyo release was first pushed

d1ck3y0da

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
great ROM!!!! only thing that ive seen is that at times it seems to be a bit laggy. i havent done the partition yet so im hoping that will fix it. any advice would be helpful

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power