[ROM][REPO]{RGH135} {VM701}{LG55C} CyanogenMod7

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Awesome thank you all... I've found a lot of missing stuff both in the kernel and in the framework and all. I've added it in and I am still working on the radio. But I'm a bit more optimistic now.

raymix1000

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Awesome thank you all... I've found a lot of missing stuff both in the kernel and in the framework and all. I've added it in and I am still working on the radio. But I'm a bit more optimistic now.

you can do this. like i said before, if you want a tester, then just shoot me a PM.

raymix1000

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
okay so where are yall with this exactley ? whats the problem now?

in a nutshell, a bunch of things were compiled incorrectly, and the radio is not working... the framework and the kernel were also compiled incorrectly... but once that's done... CM7 will be available on the slider.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna have to pull the cm7 source and his repo and use the source we have and fix the libs. Its a lot more than I thought it would be. I see why no one wants to port cyanogenmod.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

djsteelix

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna have to pull the cm7 source and his repo and use the source we have and fix the libs. Its a lot more than I thought it would be. I see why no one wants to port cyanogenmod.
Bro, mobzter rom was ligit but this man, this is big!! I've been wating for this for a very long time.
I appresiate your hard work man, don't give up. I'm counting on you ;)
I can be your tester if anything.
Try to get more people on thee cm7SliderTeam :)

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well I've been talking to rgh now off and on. Rgh, larry (hopefully), droidhost (hopefully) and myself are going to work on getting cm7 up and running for everyone. We're going to get it running on the q and slider if all goes well. Its going to take awhile and maybe some more compiles since bobzhomes repos are so incomplete. If you want this quicker I urge everyone to email lg's open source department and request the vendor source. Register as a developer and request the vendor source. Without vendor source this is going to be an extremely difficult task. I'm going to start enlisting help from the xda forums as well. Drewwalton if you read this, your gingerkernel github is awesome and I would really like to speak to you.

codyth53

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
If you want this quicker I urge everyone to email lg's open source department and request the vendor source. Register as a developer and request the vendor source. Without vendor source this is going to be an extremely difficult task.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding this, but is this not the source code on this website? If it's not, what is it? There's a 94MB file listed under VM701.

http://www.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensource.jsp

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Alright. Android source is like 9gb. Check that again... 9gb. That source on their site follows the gpl license in that its the source code to build the kernel and rom after merging with the android source. The problem we have, is that your phone has sensors, lights, camera, a keyboard, and that source code doesn't fall under the gpl license and that code isn't in that source they released. Basically their source will boot but nothing will work on it. Kinda like the cm7 above...

Reactions: codyth53

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I sort of tried that. Take the CyanogenMod kernel and the GingerKernel and do this. Put it in ubuntu with mkbootimg and unbootimg. Open a terminal window and have two folders holding the mkbootimg and unbootimg files. Eg those files both in a folder, and then that folder copied. now take the CM7 Kernel and put it in one of those folders and the GingerKernel and put it in the other. Navigate to that folder via a terminal window and type ./unbootimg boot.img (on both folders). This will split both the kernels to their kernel and their ramdisk. Now mkdir ramdisk in those folders. Pull the Ramdisk file and put it in that ramdisk folder. Cd to that folder and zcat boot.img-ramdisk.cpio.gz | cpio -idv ... this will split the ramdisk open so you can view it. Now compare just the ramdisks on the cm7 kernel and the gingerkernel. theres a lot of vendor data missing from the ramdisk. However just putting that vendor data in doesn't correct anything and apparently it kills wifi. So... my guess is we need to manually edit the entries to include this vendor data.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried replacing the kernel with gingerkernel and seeing if that works

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool