[ROM][REPO]{RGH135} {VM701}{LG55C} CyanogenMod7

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say this but I highly doubt this will see jelly bean. This thing could probably barely run ICS. Low RAM is a serious issue on older devices. CM7 looks awesome though. Gonna try it on my good ol' Optimus Q later. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

LG myTouch 4G has about 100mbs less ram and still runs ICS smoothly

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Has nobody checked out my post yet you can use a stock kernel with cyanogenmod my tablet still has the stock kernel it came with yet right now I'm running cyanogenmod 7 on it and if you don't believe me just look in any of the pandigital novel firmware/development sections of slatedroid that have to do with cyanogenmod (other than cm6)

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't make any difference in what does and doesn't work but it might mean less work in the future but I'm not that good with this stuff so it might not make any difference what soever I'm trying to see if I can decompile the .so's and get vendor blobs out of it but idt I can this is my first attempt at any of this stuff so I'm rather dumb on this stuff

EDIT: found a program to disassemble the .so's hopefully that's what we need I'll report any progress later

Last edited:

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't seem the disassembly of the .so's is what we need I'm trying one other thing that might work but I doubt it I should have that done tonight I'll see what happens

EDIT:has anyone checked out the live logcat and dmesg apps on the play store? Just curious if these are able to be outputted to a .txt file on the sdcard so I can install them and push in some of the .so's and reboot and see what's causing the bootloop when they're present, anyways I was going to use adb but I can't get it to work when I have cm installed as soon as I restore to mobster ROM adb works just fine I've tried installing drivers for the optimus Q with no luck but it's really odd when adb works the LG support tool doesn't but when adb doesn't work (I.e. when I'm on cm7) then the support tools says I have the VM701 connected via USB...

Sent from my Nexus 7 with CM-10 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
A screenshot from cm7 running gingerkernel

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350348565674.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350348565674.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 276

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Nowhere back to needing vendor blobs which we'll probly never get at this point it's pretty much dead :/ I'm sorry to say

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I just had a few questions;

Is it possible for the radio to be tied into a single part(?) combined with the bluetooth and/or wifi hardware? Perhaps that may be at least a potion of the issue?

And is there any hardware similarity between the Slider and the V?

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that we don't have drivers compatible with Cyanogenmod and can't get the vendor blobs from LG to create new compatible ones not sure on the hardware I think the sound chip is the same as the one in the optimus v as I took the sound drivers from the cm7 ROM and put them in and it worked no boot loops or anything and sound works but I tried the radio drivers with no luck

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
If I can get the numbers off of the.chips inside the slider I may be able to get vendor blobs I made a topic about it if you know anything please post it there

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

Thought I'd help out a little so here's the message I sent to dark_samus

Any chance we'll make it to CM10 or is there possibly a hardware/resource limitation? I tried checking into it but didn't get very far.

Anyway, here you go!

Michael Castro said:
Chip s by Number according to photo:

1) hynix
H904GH4JJAM
CR4EM 136A

8MGD1045C1

2) QUALCOMM
MSM7627
ABG086.0
C212500G
BB

3) BROADCOM (logo)
BCM4330FKFFBG
T1126 P21
145193 N5T

4) +
MAX8981M
EWZ 1130
5TBF

5) QUALCOMM
RTR6500
B3B071.1
F1116002

6) AVAGO
ACFM-7325
FI131O11523

Contact me if you think you'll need any more board info or if I can help any further. The images follow, and an unaltered one incase you need to mark what readings you need.

Good luck and thanks for the work you've put in!

IC Map
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/109644651/121224_00011.jpg

Keyboard side
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/109644651/121224_0002.jpg

Shielded side
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/109644651/121224_0001.jpg

Last edited:

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
one more thing could you zoom in on the chips so we can read the numbers please it might help me a bit also yes we could make it to cm10 if we had the blobs which I think I can get now I'll send some emails to the dev departments of qualcomm and such which leads me to the next matter based on the chip numbers I see that it has 2 kinds of chips controlling the radio maybe both chips need to be functional to have service although the one looks like an antenna and the other the cdma EvDo rev. A chip so we'll see anyone who wants to look into this themselves I'll post the links

Data Sheet - ACFM-7325, Band Class 14 PCS / Band Class 10 Cellular Band Quadplexer (457 KB)

https://github.com/manhthiep/repo-manifests/blob/master/codeaurora.xml (I think a dev can build from the <project name="platform/vendor/qcom/msm7627_6x" path="device/qcom/msm7627_6x"/>
<project name="platform/vendor/qcom/msm7627_surf" path="device/qcom/msm7627_surf"/>
<project name="platform/vendor/qcom/msm7627a" path="device/qcom/msm7627a"/> lines and the lib may get our data up and running)

this is the research I've done for now on these chips really hoping some devs can get this figured out

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
sadly that's the best quality cam i've got. i'll try to borrow a friend for his iPhone to take some better pics.

as far as the dual chip thing, i think you're right. if you notice the parts are kinda sectioned off; 5&6 are both radio controllers. there does seem to be a smaller one but as this is my primary device, i do kinda need to have it put together tonight (work and such) but if need be i can crack her open again :)

Side note: while looking into the broadcom radio chip, i noticed it also has FM transceiver built in, would be nice to get that working with the rest of it
^>> 802.11a/b/g/n MAC/Baseband/Radio with Integrated Bluetooth 4.0+HS & FM Transceiver - BCM4330 | Broadcom

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance