[ROM][REPO]{RGH135} {VM701}{LG55C} CyanogenMod7

raygun04

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: So I found something a little interesting...

CM7 actually boots for me but I get no service... either way to me its awesome to finally see CM booting up on my Slider instead of like my friends V or my brothers phone ^.^

raymix1000

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

CM7 actually boots for me but I get no service... either way to me its awesome to finally see CM booting up on my Slider instead of like my friends V or my brothers phone ^.^

which one did you flash?

raygun04

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

which one did you flash?

The one under Current Release... I downloaded and flashed the latest one he had for the Slider...Though I was a little confused on the Wipe Data and Cache in his instructions (I did a data factory reset and wiped the cache...but no dalvik cache clearing...wich is making me wonder now if maybe I shouldov tried it..)

raymix1000

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

The one under Current Release... I downloaded and flashed the latest one he had for the Slider...Though I was a little confused on the Wipe Data and Cache in his instructions (I did a data factory reset and wiped the cache...but no dalvik cache clearing...wich is making me wonder now if maybe I shouldov tried it..)

which file exactly?

raygun04

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

which file exactly?

update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-LG-VM701-rhg135-20120413-signed
2012/04/13 12:32:48 61mb

is the file name, date and time.. once my battery charges up I will probably try wiping my dalvik cache as well when I try again to see what happens

raygun04

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-LG-VM701-rhg135-20120413-signed
2012/04/13 12:32:48 61mb

is the file name, date and time.. once my battery charges up I will probably try wiping my dalvik cache as well when I try again to see what happens

Tried it again with dalvik cache wiped still no service...also FYI if anyone else decides to try CM7 they might notice the power button is buggy and might have to press it a few time to get it to do what you want it to...and if you try the dialer it lags a bit also but eh *shrugs* its finally here in some shape/form ... :)

muskamj

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have wifi working. Sending this from CM7 on my slider right now. I'm not an expert on these things but I'll try a few things and post if I can get 3g to work. Also, it seems the accelerometer isn't working so that's something else that needs figured out.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I ported this to the Q... working on the Radio in it. The issues I've found are in the services.jar, the accounts&sync.apk, the radio and the accelerometer. Its anything but an RC but its a very good early alpha. I hope you all get this going. In the meantime I'm going to try to get the radio working... the baseband is nulled.

raymix1000

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I ported this to the Q... working on the Radio in it. The issues I've found are in the services.jar, the accounts&sync.apk, the radio and the accelerometer. Its anything but an RC but its a very good early alpha. I hope you all get this going. In the meantime I'm going to try to get the radio working... the baseband is nulled.

did you find the optimus q roms in the folder?

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I found them after I posted that. They have the same issues as what I ported to the Q from the VM 701 slider roms. I can get the radio working I think, but I'm having issues with ADB. Someone needs to adb pull the radio.img from their device. I'm not sure if its mtdblock5 thats the radio.img or not, but I keep getting an I/O error when I try to pull it. I tried going through the audio libs because sounds not working. I'm not sure if its his kernel causing the issues or the source from lg. I keep trying to get in touch with him for his repo URL's... but no response yet. We will get CM7 working lol believe me. I just need more info from him...and i really need the radio.img.

Don't know if you all noticed it but the services.jar isn't working for power management either. For me this means the phone will not charge nor wake from being asleep... It's driving me nuts. If I can get his repos I or someone else from Area51 will recompile them and try to work more of the vendor stuff in.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I almost gave up hope on the Slider, I'm gonna take a break from it till I see some more progress. In the meantime, I'm gonna stick with my OV, which is running ICS almost flawlessly.

Sent from my LG-VM701 running Mobster Rom via Tapatalk

raymix1000

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I found them after I posted that. They have the same issues as what I ported to the Q from the VM 701 slider roms. I can get the radio working I think, but I'm having issues with ADB. Someone needs to adb pull the radio.img from their device. I'm not sure if its mtdblock5 thats the radio.img or not, but I keep getting an I/O error when I try to pull it. I tried going through the audio libs because sounds not working. I'm not sure if its his kernel causing the issues or the source from lg. I keep trying to get in touch with him for his repo URL's... but no response yet. We will get CM7 working lol believe me. I just need more info from him...and i really need the radio.img.

Don't know if you all noticed it but the services.jar isn't working for power management either. For me this means the phone will not charge nor wake from being asleep... It's driving me nuts. If I can get his repos I or someone else from Area51 will recompile them and try to work more of the vendor stuff in.

https://github.com/rhg/

Also see if this doesnt work out for you:
repo init -u git://github.com/rhg/android.git -b gingerbread; . build/envsetup.sh; lunch cyanogen_gelato_VM701-eng; make bacon

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
phone doesn't wake from being asleep, like you said. touch screen drivers are iffy. no camera. willing to test anything, and I mean anything. this slider just sits on my desk as it is anyway.

edit: phone will wake from sleep, but not reliably. screen will turn on (you can see it light up), but nothing comes on it. I've got it charging, or at least it says it is. No idea if it actually is.

Last edited:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah when I ran the logcat its a driver issue. Right now I've only got it to where its not branded vm in call settings. Tomorrow I'm gonna work on the radio more. Idk if I can fix the power issues but I think I can get the radio working.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk