Touch TWRP Recovery for Q and Slider

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay RHG ported this and I'm going to share it with you. First you need to grab the flash_image from here. Unzip it and then you need to download the recovery.img from here. Put both of those on the root of your sd card. Next open Terminal Emulator and run these commands...

Code:
su
mount -o remount, rw /system
cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin
cd /system/bin
chmod 777 flash_image
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

That's it its installed. One note, as far as I know you cannot use previous backups (CWM backups) on this recovery. However, this is a full touch screen recovery that shows time and battery percentage in it. Enjoy... and give a thanks to RHG if you see him.

THIS WILL WORK ON THE SLIDER AND THE OPTIMUS Q

iHideInTrees

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Can you change the link for the flash image? When you go to it is says, " Sorry, but due to other websites attempting to steal and take credit for our work
we do not allow direct links to our files. You can download this file by going to: androidarea51" and won't let me download.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Grab the flash_image from the cwm recovery sticky in here. They're the same flash_images. When I get a chance ill update the link.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you'll have to adjust your timezone lol its weird. And the batt percentage kinda jumps around or takes a minute to work but it works. Its a cool recovery.

d1ck3y0da

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
can you put up screen shots. and whats the difference between the 2 recoverys???
CWM vs. RHG???? whats the pros and cons of both????

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't screenshot from recovery. Only major difference is its touch screen. Its just here to expand the options we have.

SamuraiCER

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Gotta say, the fact that developers got this recovery option working for a so called "low-end" android device is awesome, much props to everyone. I wish I could help in developing something like this.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Gotta say, the fact that developers got this recovery option working for a so called "low-end" android device is awesome, much props to everyone. I wish I could help in developing something like this.

Yup yup its pretty cool...

Also, I see you're running AreaRomQ v1.5 :) glad to see it... I worked hard on developing AreaRomQ. I just released v2.0 to VIPs today (about 3 minutes ago). I'm going to push it publicly on Friday.

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
just put this on my phone. I seriously recommend this. Everything is so streamlined and easier to do stuff without having to press the awkward button layout of old CWM recovery.

but so far I like it.. also seems to back up my data faster

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
not working for me, everytime i reboot recovery, just regular reboots...

You're doing it wrong... try manually rebooting to recovery. This has been installed on both the l55c and vm701 with no issues. So you're doing something wrong.