[ROM] [LGL55C/OptimusQ] [AreaRom] AreaRomQ v2.0

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
[shadow=black,left][size=24pt][ROM]AreaRom Q v2.0[/size][/shadow]

This ROM was made for the LG Optimus Q (for Straight-Talk [size=14pt]and[/size] Net10 ONLY)
--If you use TiBackup you want to only backup User Apps before restoring them with this rom!!!

--PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP FROM RECOVERY BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM!--

[size=18pt]**** READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE INSTALLING PLEASE!!! ****[/size]

Disclaimer: We here at Area 51 Development Group are formally Not responsible for anything
that may happen to your phone while you are installing this rom. With that in mind
installing this is totally at your discretion. This a ClockWorkMod (CWM) Install which is usually a
painless process, however, be aware that doing this will ROOT your phone and VOID any warranty
you may have on your phone. Installing software not from the market has its risks. This
software has been tested by myself and my Beta Test Team. Still we are not responsible for
anything that may happen if you use this product in anyway other than intended.

WARNING: THIS PRODUCT WILL ROOT YOUR PHONE AND VOID AND THEREFORE VOID ANY WARRANTY
YOU MAY HAVE. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO PROCEED PLEASE DELETE THE SOFTWARE NOW.

Some Release Notes:
[size=18pt]Read THIS:[/size]
Below are the Release Changelogs and the Installation Instructions. The end of this post will explain how to maintain AreaRomQ v2.0g. I removed SuperUser in favor of SuperSU because ChainsDD seems to no longer be supporting SuperUser. I want to make a note that I have actually purchased SuperUser Elite. For me to make the switch to SuperSU means I find this app to me a better alternative. I hope you all agree.

Please read all of the information contained in these posts before messaging me or asking any questions. I've done my best to give you all a high quality Rom
for your phones. I hope you enjoy :)

==============================================================================

AreaRomQ v2.0

Changes From AreaRomQ v1.5
-Added Terminal and a Font Changing Program to Settings
-Updated ALL Apps
-Improved the Red BootAnimation
-Removed No-Frills CPU
-Lightened the Rom Up Some
-Rezipaligned
-Increased SD Read Ahead Script
-Modified the Cyan theme to match the Red Theme

Changes From AreaRomQ v1.4
-Enabled JIT (Thank you RHG)
-New Theme(s) *Red Theme and Cyan Themed Roms*
-Fixed a few Minor Bugs
-Final Update To The V6 Supercharging
-Added AndroidAssistant
-Implemented ADW Theme (Modified to fit the Red Theme and Cyan)
-Simply Flies!

Changes From AreaRomQ v1.3
-Added UI OpenGL Rendering (Thank you Chainfire)
-Replaced the outdated SuperUser application with Chainfire's SuperSU
-New Window Animations
-New Kernel
-Fixed Several Issues from Battery Life issues to Market/Google Play issues in v1.3
-Rezipaligned and Re-.9 Image Optimized the Rom
-No-Frills CPU App Added
-New Theme
-More v6 Supercharging Implemented
-Updated the Notification Toggles apk
-All Apps Updated (As of the time of release)

Full ChangeLog (from Stock):
Code:
-a2sd enabled and working
-new kernel by jcole20 and DroidHost
-v6 Supercharger is now fully implemented
-init.d support enabled
-internet tweaks to maxout 3g (kernel based)
-CarrierIQ disabled
-Privacy (factory reset) and Software update removed from Settings to prevent Hard Bricks
-Rooted
-BusyBox enabled and updated to v1.19.3
-All System Apps currently updated
-Added *Working* ARM6 Adobe Flash, DSP Manager (CM7), Terminal Emulator, ES File Explorer and Titanium Backup!!!
-New Bootanimation
-Cleaned up the rom to create a faster more stable rom
-Full Theme
-Enabled CRT Style (Gingerbread) Screen Off/Lock Animation and Screen On
-Added Flip Window Animations
-New Dialer
-Deodexed and Zipaligned
-Reboot and Recovery Options added on Long Power Press
-New Frameworks
-added GPS tweaks
-increased max window manager events to 150
-added sqlite3 (From ICS) into the rom for vacuuming of databases
-Corrected low quadrant benchmark scores!
-Corrected force closes!
-Cleaned up the rom and added a LOT more to my original AreaRomQ v1.1 theme
-Changed the shutdown Animation
-Removed the Straight-Talk name from the rom completely 
 (since the phone is used on Net10, and Straight-Talk)
-Added CyanogenMod7 ADW Launcher (Removed the stock Launcher)
-Changed Window Animations
-Added sounds
-Reimplemented Swype and YouTube
-Enabled CRT Style Screen Off AND SCREEN ON!
-Corrected battery life issues
-Added sqlite3 into the rom for vacuuming of databases (thanks for your help on that AmazingLarry)
-Rethemed the notification window
-Implemented Extra Settings (Spare Parts), Wifi tethering, and Notification Toggles into Settings
-Corrected some minor issues with v1.2
-Symlinked Reboot from Busybox (which was an error in v1.1-v1.2)
-New AreaRom Boot Animation
-New AreaRomQ Shutdown Animation
-Any other small issues people may have seen in AreaRomQ v1.1 should be corrected.
-ADB Shell is now Working AGAIN (w/Flash)
*Quad score bencmarks have nearly doubled from the initial release!*

SO ENJOY THE BEST ROM CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR THE LG OPTIMUS Q...

Credits:
-Huge thanks to DroidHost for helping me create an awesome Kernel! And Creating the Base Kernel.
-Thank you to zeppelinrox for the original v6 Supercharger Script
-HUGE thanks to all the beta testers for helping me to figure out and correct any issues.
(Without the BetaTeam this rom would not be as stable as it is)
-Big thanks to rori for creating the original CyanBreadX (CM7) theme that this theme was built from.
-BIG BIG Thanks to AmazingLarry for all his work on the Optimus Q.
-A huge thank you to ChainFire for his amazing work in the Android Community.
-HUGE Thank you to RGH for all his help!

*AnTuTu Benchmark over 1900!*
THATS A 300-400 POINT IMPROVEMENT OVER STOCK!!!

fly8ol.png

30rqna0.png

11hscur.png

ztc9dx.png

35384r6.jpg

29xw208.png

[size=14pt]Installation Instructions (For Dummies)[/size]
*I strongly recommend you take advantage of A2SD and the extra internal storage that comes with it!*

Intro:
This rom uses A2SD to optimize internal space.
-A2SD when used properly will increase Internal Storage a ton. (I've currently got 180mb of free Internal)
-A2SD works by creating symbolic links and moves the majority of app data to the sd card as well as dalvik if you want.
-This rom uses A2SD by default (if you partition properly)...removing the sd card will cause a loss of Apps added outside of the rom itself.
ie user apps.

However, the use of a2sd will not degrade performance at all...it simply frees a ton of internal storage.

[size=18pt]You Need To Download AreaRomQ v2.0.zip OF YOUR CHOICE[/size]
[size=18pt]YOU DO NOT NEED TO REPARTITION THE SDCARD IF YOU HAVE CREATED AN SD PARTITION IN THE PAST!!![/size]

Section One:
Okay so you want to use A2SD... AWESOME!

[size=18pt]Follow These Steps Exactly!!![/size]

[tr][td]Step 1:Backup all the data on your sd card you want to save to your computer.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Step 2: Reboot into recovery/Boot into recovery
(You do so by powering the phone off. Holding down the physical home button below the screen,
the volume rocker down button, and finally the power button all at the same time until you enter
ClockWorkMod (CWM) recovery)
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Step 3: In CWM/ClockWorkMod recovery go to the advanced option and select "Partition SD Card"[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Step 4:Select your partition size. (I recommend 512mb though 1024mb will work depending on what you're trying to do)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Step 5:Select a 0mb swap partition size. (Swap is more harm than beneficial. DONT USE IT!)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]What you did here was create an ext4 partition on your sd card for a2sd to use.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Step 6:Go to Mounts and Storage in CWM and select "mount USB storage"[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Step 7: Restore your sd card data. [/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=14pt]*Including the rom you want to flash*[/size]
IF EVERYTHING HAS GONE RIGHT UP UNTIL NOW PROCEED TO STEP 8... if not start over...[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Step 8:Go ahead and wipe cache/wipe dalvik cache and wipe data/factory reset.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Step 9:Flash your rom... (install .zip from sd card)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Step 10: When the phone boots up enter your account information and let it sit until sync finishes...
-i.e. let the phone sit for a few minutes after putting your account info in.
(Your signal bars will be cyan and the sync icon will dissapear from the Notification/Status Bar)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Step 11: Open Terminal Emulator (It's preinstalled and integrated into settings) and type "su" *without quotation marks* and press enter.
-Grant Terminal Emulator SuperUser Permissions (HIT YES)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Step 12: Type "a2sd cachesdreset" and hit enter.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]The phone will now reboot. It will take awhile...don't panic! The phone is moving and building Dalvik-Cache onto the SD.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Step 13: I recommend rebooting the phone after moving dalvik to the sd. Meaning... you let the phone boot up after it reboots from
the "a2sd cachesdreset" command. Then reboot the phone one more time. This helps the phone get adjusted to the rom and all the
benefits that come with it. :)[/td][/tr]

Thats it! A2SD is now properly enabled and working *Go ahead and check your internal storage :)*
Proceed to restore your TiTanium Backup of your apps...
In TiBackup hit the menu key and select Batch. Then Run "Restore Missing Apps With Data"
---Thats it :)

Congratulations you're now running AreaRomQ v2.0 with A2SD enabled!!!
Android Area51

Some Notes:

I/We hope you enjoy AreaRomQ v2.0 for the LG L55C (LG Optimus Q)

**************************************************************************************

****This ROM has been a compilation of all the previous efforts put forth with
****the developement of AreaRom(Q) fo the LG Optimus Q. This rom would not
****exist without a lot of help/work from everyone at the AreaRom team.
****More thank you's go out to DroidHost, Rookie407, fester64
****and all beta testers
****and ;O
****and PureEvil lol

**************************************************************************************

[size=12pt]You must have CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY (CWM) Installed to use this Rom[/size]
ClockWorkMod is a custom recovery interface that allows users to make
backups and install custom roms. If you do not know what that is or how to install please go here:

CWM Recovery

THE FILES:

AreaRomQ v2.0

Release Notes:

Please run AndroidAssistant and set it to autoboost (via the menu -> settings) at least once an hour. This should kill that lag many have faced... *I highly recommend not using Go Apps, but thats up to you*.

To maintain the rom:

Once a week or so please open Terminal Emulator.

Type
Code:
su
and press enter.
Grant Terminal Emulator SuperUser permissions.
Then type
Code:
vac
and press enter.
Disregard any errors you may see as they will not affect vacuuming.

Also, please grant terminal emulator SuperUser permissions as above and type
Code:
sclean
This will wipe dalvik and rebuild it upon reboot without affecting the Dalvik to sd flag.

For the UI Rendering
Please open Chainfire3d and install the Graphics Driver.
Upon reboot you can use NightMode to make use of the UI Rendering.

Ignore the Click Here to Move Apps to SD Message from AndroidAssistant!!! Apps are already on the SD thanks to A2SD. I suggest disabling these alerts in AndroidAssistants settings.

Please let the Market Upgrade to Google Play on its own. You'll need to Open the Market and accept the terms and conditions to Start This Process.
If you begin to get Force Closes on the Market go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications. Find the market in ALL. Click it and then
Clear the Markets Data.

Should you get a Google Talk Authentication Failed message after putting in your account info reflash the rom... this is an issue in 1 of 20 flashes and is just an annoyance. Reflashing will correct it.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just though I'd let everyone know, I'm pushing 2000 antutu benchmarks. We have an overclocking kernel thats running stable @946.808mhz for the Optimus Q and Optimus Slider ;)

*Big thanks to RHG and DrewWalton*

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It'll work with gingerkernel but pic messaging won't work on virgin mobile yet.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
And here's the 876mhz kernel ... btw I've got the number one score across devices (l55c and vm701) with 2203

popojijo17

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Overclocking for the Q?! That is freakin awesome!

JCOLE - I originally came here to ask you a question. I use a program called Tasker quite a bit and have had several conversations with the dev of it regarding using the phone number of an incoming call to determine how it is handled and it is unable to extract the number. The dev believes that

"Your particular
custom ROM must have changed something about how incoming calls are handled in standard Android. "

I was just curious if this is the case. No big deal if it is, ARQ is by far the sweetest thing I've done to my phone so I'm not about to give it up. I did test it with the stock ROM and he was right, it did work. I don't claim to know squat about android but I don't see why my phone has no problem showing the number with ARQ so I was just wanting to see if he is correct in his assumptions.

Thanks for your input and I'm looking forward to overclocking! Nice job man!

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My guess would be that its because of our deactivation and deletion of much of carrieriq. Outside of that nothing was done to phone/contacts except theming.

christylynn1978

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
First, I'd like to say THANK YOU for this ROM! The main reason that I rooted my LG Slider was low disc space errors (constantly) and this has given me an abundance of space!

That being said, I'm curious if anyone knows a workaround to some of the issues on the slider (in addition to flashing gingerkernel). I've followed all of the instructions several times over the past few days, but have been randomly missing calls, voicemails, and text messages since installation (I know pix are broken atm). Occasionally, I can reboot & get a flood of text messages, but my voicemail notification seems to be broken and I have no idea how many calls I've missed.

I'd be happy to test any possible solutions anyone can recommend. Thanks again!

pwngmike

May 27, 2012
Visit site
GUYS I REALLY NEED HELP! My phone isnt recieving, sending texts or getting a 3g connection. I cant call or anything! i am running stock rom now and nothing has changed. it will randomly work (mostly when i turn it on) and then nothing! . This is my primary phone and dont have money for another one. I cannot go much longer without a phone for my family to get in touch with me. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION TELL ME PLEASE! I am virgin mobile also. PleasE!!!

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
GUYS I REALLY NEED HELP! My phone isnt recieving, sending texts or getting a 3g connection. I cant call or anything! i am running stock rom now and nothing has changed. it will randomly work (mostly when i turn it on) and then nothing! . This is my primary phone and dont have money for another one. I cannot go much longer without a phone for my family to get in touch with me. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION TELL ME PLEASE! I am virgin mobile also. PleasE!!!

Dude.... have you called virgin mobile yet?

Sent from my LGL55C using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci