ICS for Slider?

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Not yet. im doing everything I can to get CM7 on here,,,, but still nothing.

Idk if anyone is even working on ICS or not....

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
This really pisses me off. I feel like this phone is just a cheap rip off of the OV with a keyboard poorly attatched. I reactivated it thinking development was taking off, but obviously not. I think I'll be selling the Slider.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Then you do something. This crap is not easy. And we are very limited to what we can do with little resources. The OV and Slider have a total different build on the inside making hard to find the drivers for it. If it pisses you off so bad then you do something about it

Sent from my LGL55C using Android Central Forums

Reactions: MasterTec

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Then you do something. This crap is not easy. And we are very limited to what we can do with little resources. The OV and Slider have a total different build on the inside making hard to find the drivers for it. If it pisses you off so bad then you do something about it

Sent from my LGL55C using Android Central Forums

I didn't say it was, I'm just saying it's disappointing to have so little dev support.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I didn't say it was, I'm just saying it's disappointing to have so little dev support.

Maybe because not a ton of people actually own the device. If more developers like myself, Beezy, jstntp etc actually had one maybe development for the Slider could get a little stimulus.

Disclaimer: I am NOT suggesting anyone donate a Slider, merely trying to put things into perspective.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
@hezx can you compare the components between the thunderc and gelato? I'm thinking about starting an ics tree and this would be the first step.

Reactions: LeoLawliet

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
@hezx can you compare the components between the thunderc and gelato? I'm thinking about starting an ics tree and this would be the first step.

We have a booting cm7 and a bootloop cm9, both are from rhg, but he doesn't post here. Ask jcole about it. He has an LG Optimus Q, which is similar.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: tdm

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

I actually have a mostly-working port of the Slider stock ROM running on the Optimus S.

Much of the hardware is actually the same, the only differences I remember were accelerometer (ami306 vs ami304) and there were some issues with wifi but the chipset is the same. The CPU is identical architecture-wise but it's obviously the "turbo" version clocked at 800MHz vs 600.

Bonus: newer version of Android (2.3.4 vs 2.3.3) :p

Last edited:
Reactions: tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I actually have a mostly-working port of the Slider stock ROM running on the Optimus S.

Much of the hardware is actually the same, the only differences I remember were accelerometer (ami306 vs ami304) and there were some issues with wifi but the chipset is the same. The CPU is identical architecture-wise but it's obviously the "turbo" version clocked at 800MHz vs 600.

Bonus: newer version of Android (2.3.4 vs 2.3.3) :p

Well thats nice to hear. If this is truly the only differences (plus the kb natch), it should be a piece of cake.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
So in theory, gingerkernel for thunderc should boot on the gelato, right? Maybe needs a different commandline but that should be all.

Here's my /proc/cmdine. Looks really close to thunderc. Really really close.

Code:
mem=477M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=gelato androidboot.mode=n
ormal androidboot.carrier=VirginMobile androidboot.bootloader=6170 uart_console=
disable lge.rev=<null> recovery=off lge.reboot=reboot androidboot.baseband=msm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing a build of quattrimus cm9 beta1pre3, substituting thunderc with gelato and VM670 with VM701, just for kicks. Wonder if it will boot? :D

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
So in theory, gingerkernel for thunderc should boot on the gelato, right? Maybe needs a different commandline but that should be all.

Here's my /proc/cmdine. Looks really close to thunderc. Really really close.

Code:
mem=477M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=gelato androidboot.mode=n
ormal androidboot.carrier=VirginMobile androidboot.bootloader=6170 uart_console=
disable lge.rev=<null> recovery=off lge.reboot=reboot androidboot.baseband=msm

If you flashed the GB edition of HydroKernel/GingerKernel to a Slider, it might actually work, but your CPU frequency would likely be capped at 600MHz. Since it uses AnyKernel, the cmdline parameter shouldn't be changed at all.

On the other hand, it may not boot at all. You should use the Slider version of GingerKernel since it already exists ;)

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Build just completed first try. Will be flashing this later tonight or tomorrow. Wish me luck. :)

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Since the vendor rom&kernel is gb, I think I'll try the vendor kernel next. If I get a good boot, I can start mixing in things from the gingerkernel.