Im taking the Challenge.

pwngmike

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I want to make a custom rom. Yes i am a noob so i was wondering if i could team up with a developer and start to make a nice extreme rom. Something with custom frameworks and nice performace. I have so much time and i want to learn. Anyone up for it? :D

reddragon79

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
i been wantin to help with dev of stuff on this phone as well if u guys want any help let me know i am kinda new to the dev side but yeah let me know if u cud use me

morenoa48

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a stock, de-odexed ROM for the slider that I was working on before. It has apps and cache to SD scripts built into it already. I can PM to whoever needs it.

morenoa48

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it worked perfect during the brief testing I did on it. I haven't touched the slider in a while. I started working on this ROM to get a feel on developing but unfortunately my Windows PC is not compatible with Linux so I was very limited to what I could do with it.

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
not compatible???

ANY computer can run Ubuntu.... Just install Ubuntu on a flashdrive OR if you have a big HDD you can make small (like not even 20GB) partition jsut for Ubuntu so that you have a DUAL boot WINDOWS and LINUX

if you need a walkthrough let me know.... but yes your computer will be able to run Ubuntu(Linux)

morenoa48

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
not compatible???

ANY computer can run Ubuntu.... Just install Ubuntu on a flashdrive OR if you have a big HDD you can make small (like not even 20GB) partition jsut for Ubuntu so that you have a DUAL boot WINDOWS and LINUX

if you need a walkthrough let me know.... but yes your computer will be able to run Ubuntu(Linux)

Oh, it runs Ubuntu/Mint/Fedora I tried that. But my Laptop has a hybrid graphics card that does not play nice with the Linux Kernel. It'll overheat and start locking up after an hour or so of use.

morenoa48

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
PCs with hybrid graphics come with a two graphic card set-up. An integrated card for low power operations (like when running off battery, low 3D effects) and a dedicated card for more powerful applications. Windows manages both by keeping one off when not in use, and switching to it when needed. Not the case with Linux, when running linux both run at the same time draining battery, and making it over heat.
Thanks for the link, I'll try the VirtualBox set-up, hopefully I can contribute further to this.

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay.com yes I know what you mean now. You have a nvidia card then which runs Nvidia Optimus.

I was making sure that was what you ment so I wanted you to explain. Its true that you can't run hybrid on linux. But if you install the main driver for the dedicated card if will be fine. BUT you would have to disable the hybrid graphics in the BIOS.

Just helping hopefully it helped.

10years of IT along with military IT training pays off Lol

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1