Slider WiFi broken after flashing ROM

racer4

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I am cleaning up a Slider for a family member and decided to flash the Gelato ROM with GingerKernel. Everything worked fine other than wifi, so I cleared data and caches from recovery then flashed the stock ROM to see if it was just a ROM issue. The wifi is still broken even with the stock ROM now.

Connecting to a wifi network does this:

Scanning
Authenticating
Obtaining IP Address
Disconnected (then loops back to scanning)

Any ideas?

mattrdahl

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I am cleaning up a Slider for a family member and decided to flash the Gelato ROM with GingerKernel. Everything worked fine other than wifi, so I cleared data and caches from recovery then flashed the stock ROM to see if it was just a ROM issue. The wifi is still broken even with the stock ROM now.

Connecting to a wifi network does this:

Scanning
Authenticating
Obtaining IP Address
Disconnected (then loops back to scanning)

Any ideas?

just flash gingerkernel by its self and retry

racer4

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for helping!

So here's what I have done since the last post:

Changed router channel (obviously not it)

1. Formatted system, data, cache, wiped dalvik
2. Flashed stock ROM, rebooted
3. Flashed GingerKernel over stock ROM, not clearing anything as per instructions in thread. Rebooted.

Wifi is still not working. Any other thoughts?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Does your network have a password for the Wi-Fi? Try removing the password, leaving a totally open network, and connecting. If that doesn't work, try doing a factory reset on your router, and if that doesn't work, try to find another network to connect to. If -that- doesn't work, I'd say it's time to go back to stock and call Virgin, tell them your Wi-Fi won't connect and see if they'll hook you up. The Slider is selling for $20, surely they'll throw you one if a part of yours has become nonfunctional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX