Superuser installed, No Root Access

tempuser1

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello androidcentral members,

It seems that I accidentally changed the ownership of the su file to "system, sdcard_rw" and now I have no way to change it back to "root, root". Everything was working fine beforehand. Any suggestions on how to fix the su file? I have already attempted to reroot using the same way I originally rooted the device with no luck.

Thanks!

My phone information
Phone: LG Optimus Slider
Android version: 2.3.4
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

tempuser1

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Download the SuperSU zip file in here and install it via recovery. Then everything will fix.
SuperSU Download
If it not fix try to push Busybox using this tutorial. Fix SuperUser Installed No Root Access Issue On Android
Attempt at SuperSU method:
Failed, can't update using CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip. Do I need to have Clockwork Recovery installed for this to work? I currently have the stock recovery.
TPhoto_00006.jpg

Attempt at Busybox method:
After typing adb root, connection to my phone restarts and then I try to type adb remount and I'm denied.

skurtov

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes you will need to have a custom recovery. But to do that you need a root, follow the stickied thread at this boards index

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

tempuser1

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes you will need to have a custom recovery. But to do that you need a root, follow the stickied thread at this boards index

That is my problem, I had my phone rooted already and then I accidently changed the permissions of the su file in /system/bin. I have tried to go through the rooting process again and the command prompt saids my phone is rooted at the end of the rebooting process when it is not, but Superuser is installed and working(every root permission request is being denied). Is there are program available that just changes the su ownership to root, root? Or I'm thinking is there a line of code that can be added to the root script that will remove su before the push of the new version?

skurtov

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Do you have two super users installed? Or maybe you set super user to automatically deny su rights per app. Try checking those.

Abhi Kumar1

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I have intex Aqua i5, and try to root it but all in vain.
I try to root by SRSRoot for Android, and error come Device already SU Root access, rooting not need.

could you please help me how to root this mobile step by step. and where I can download rooting software for it..

chris mart

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I have intex Aqua i5, and try to root it but all in vain.
I try to root by SRSRoot for Android, and error come Device already SU Root access, rooting not need.

could you please help me how to root this mobile step by step. and where I can download rooting software for it..

Try unlock root. My be work.

Sent from my GT-I9300

spanisharmada21

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey I'm trying to do this as well, and when I try to install CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip using CWM I get "Installation aborted"

The full message reads:
-- Installing: /sdcard/CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update
E:Error in /sdcard/CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted.

Blaurad

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Kept trying to root and couldn't do it... Thanks for the suggestion. It may not have worked for whom you intended, but it worked for me!