[APK] Button Remapper To Fix Certain Roms With Broken Home/Menu Layouts

skurtov

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

When flashing certain ROMS to my Optimus Slider, I noticed that the button layout between the menu and the home button were switched (due to small manufacturing differences, LG did the same thing with their Optimus V and S phones), anyways, it was a really annoying feature.

So in order to find a fix, back when I used my Optimus V and flashed Optimus S Roms, I used this app, Button Remapper, by Bean Soft.

Sadly, for some reason I could not find the development thread anymore, and in fact heard a rumor that the app was dropped from development. Well, I kept the APK, since it was originally a freely distributed app at XDA, and thought it might help people that find the caveat to using Optimus Q Roms.

Here's a link:
http://db.tt/JMcfa03B

If you guys need a mirror, post in line.

When using it, make sure you have unknown sources checked off in, settings>applications

Anyways, when you open it, you need to reassign lines 102 and 139 (I think), to their respective opposites. If it's assigned the menu function, reassign it the home function, and vice versa.

If I'm wrong, tell me. To be honest, I just played around with it until I got it to work. Be mindful that our phones have two home and menu keys, one on the keyboard and the other on the face of the phone. So you'll have 2 pairs of lines associated with the menu and home keys.

But, I hope this well help out some people in getting some ROMS working properly.

Thanks! And make sure to support the developer and grab some of his apps from the market.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams