Break from recovery loop after factory resetting from settings!

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
this is actually a very simple fix

new method:
flash the unbrick.zip from this link http://www.mediafire.com/download/ar1yca1ih6adld2/Unbrick.zip

old method:
first you need a recovery with ADB don't worry if you don't there are working flashable recovery zips to the newest TWRP recoveries and they have ADB so once you have your recovery flashed you need to install the android SDK and learn how to use ADB (there are several guides across the internet I won't be providing one) then just type in

adb shell flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8
adb reboot recovery

if it throws an error like "not found" then you'll need the flash_eraseall binary I will provide the binary then it's simply

adb shell mount -o remount,rw / /
adb push flash_eraseall /sbin/
adb shell chmod 755 /sbin/flash_eraseall
adb shell flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8
adb shell flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd9
adb reboot recovery

that should get you out of the loop (Note: on first boot it will boot to recovery this is normal from recovery reboot normally)

flash_eraseall binary: flash_eraseall

figured this thing needed a video and I was testing out my recording/teaching skills so tell me how you like it :D

Credits: zefie, he was an optimus V user and came up with this fix originally
bigsupersquid, for making a thread and reposting the info in an easier to find place

EDIT: seems that you also need to format mtd9 as well guide updated

Last edited:

yondero

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your post
could you please help my find the problem with my phone
I follow your instructions but I fail at
adb shell flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd9
it says
/dev/mtd/mtd9: no such file or directory
is it that I might have erased by mistake, if so how do I restore this partition.

Toybitz Odniplu

May 19, 2014
Visit site
i cant fix to my phone pls help... my pc cannot recognize my phone because my phone looping factory setting shutdown repeatedly, i cant use vol-up+power cause it begin to looping again... pls help...

John Shaluly

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the same kinda problem. Only this is not your typical boot loop. It only happens when you plug in a usb cable. Clockwork Mod works fine until you plug in a cable. I thought it was the usb drivers until I just plugged in a power cable and it did the same thing. I'm hoping that if I put unbrick.zip on the sd card with another phone and put the card back into the slider it will work. Keep your fingers crossed!!

jeffh

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I just attempted to make my first nandroid backup. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon. I installed clockworkmod recovery, pressed the one click backup button, the phone started rebooting as the instructions said it would, but instead of rebooting, I got: Secure Fail: Recovery, a yellow triangle, and System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless was found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help. I tried rebooting into safe mode, but I always come back to here. If this is not the right place for the question, please point me in the right direction. I've been unable to find a support like for clockworkmod.