Can't move Apps to SD card

thepantsking

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought a new Slider off of eBay because my old one broke. I ran a factory reset, swapped phones online and reprogrammed my number, the general shtick when making a new phone yours. As I reinstalled all of my apps though I noticed that the option to shift them over to my 4 GB SD isn't there. There's a button displayed but it's greyed out and unusable. On my old phone I was able to put most of my apps onto the SD to conserve space right from the get go (I bought it when they were still fairly new, and it had that capability right out of the box).

Anyone know how to fix this, or was my old Slider's capability just an anomaly?

Robert Claypool

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Not all apps can be moved. Also, is your card still completely good? Is it also firmly seated. Not sure if there are MicroSDHC cards that have physical write lock switches, but that's another thing you might check. Can you write anything else to the card? You can obtain your MSL code and use the ##SCRTN# dialer code you can also dial 611 and try to get technical support from your cellular provider. You can search for dialer codes online, try them and see if there an any settings you can change to make the problem better, but now we're getting into an area of tinkering that has the potential to make the problem worse, even to the point of possibly bricking your phone, so if you go that route be particularly careful.

Harrison Cho

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey I have a Droid Razr M and I've watched so many video's on how to move apps to your SD card but they dont help because I dont have the option that lets me do that... can anyone help??