Try to get in recovery but phone just reboots and then restores to factory settings!!!!!

Dawn Dabinett

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if anyone can help me but my LG Optimus Slider was rooted and I restored it to factory settings in the settings menu....

Now if the power goes off on my phone or it reboots it restores to the factory defaults like its right out of the box.
I am new to all this rooting etc so I hope I don't sound stupid but does that mean my phone is bricked and I'm SOL???

I have been trying all the things I am reading in these posts but I didn't see one exactly like my situation.

Any information or advice to educate me on this would be helpful.

Thank you.....:-[

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if anyone can help me but my LG Optimus Slider was rooted and I restored it to factory settings in the settings menu....

Now if the power goes off on my phone or it reboots it restores to the factory defaults like its right out of the box.
I am new to all this rooting etc so I hope I don't sound stupid but does that mean my phone is bricked and I'm SOL???

I have been trying all the things I am reading in these posts but I didn't see one exactly like my situation.

Any information or advice to educate me on this would be helpful.

Thank you.....:-[

Welcome to the forums.
This is far from a brick. A brick is a device that won't power up at all.
As for your situation, I am not sure. You say it was rooted, but you tried to unroot it?

Dawn Dabinett

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for responding so quickly to me,

When I went into the settings to Privacy then Reset to Factory Defaults my phone cleared everything but Superuser remained but all the other ones I deleted Facebook and so on are still gone. But I have to update superuser in the market to get my phone to be rooted again so I can download the terminal etc to try and get to the recovery to flash something but nothing seems to work and as soon as it reboots to go into recovery I see the LG logo the Android guy with the white box to go to recovery it has a couple lines printed out but too quick to read and then it reboots and I lose everything again downloads contacts it is like I just got the phone of the box.

The only mode that will hold is the Emergency recovery. Weird huh??

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It is strange. Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with LG devices and can't offer much help.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

AHLASSICH

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Tried to install TWRP 2.0.6 using ODIN 3.07 in preparation for rooting. It appeared to load just fine. Tried rebooting into recovery and neither TWRP nor stock recovery works. I just get the normal blue letters at the top then the screen goes blank. It will boot the normal os with no problem. I just have no recovery at all. I am on Android 4.3 with MJB firmware. I tried flashing 3 times with the same result. Kies does not provide any help. It just says my firmware is not available. I can't find MJB firmware anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance