i can send and recieve sms just find but when someone sends me a picture and i press to download it no matter what i do in gosms pro and the stock app it just says failed to download!! running 2.3.4 btw
    07-08-2011 01:31 PM
    What version are running? The 5-31 build the mms is broken. It is fixed on the 6-01 build.
    07-08-2011 01:49 PM
    im using the 6-1 build and at least to me it seems broken even in this build are there any tricks i need to perform to get them working?
    07-08-2011 02:05 PM
    It worked fine on mine as soon as I installed it.
    07-08-2011 02:20 PM
    Well, my service went out the day after I rooted and flashed the 6-1 CAMFIX build so I'm unsure if it works, but I did notice the day I did flash my txt msgs would build up and come in at one time, I remember getting about 30 txt msgs at once. It was pretty nasty. Hopefully it was just because my service was getting shut off. Now i'm stuck on Wifi for now >_<
    07-08-2011 06:26 PM
    i can send and recieve sms just find but when someone sends me a picture and i press to download it no matter what i do in gosms pro and the stock app it just says failed to download!! running 2.3.4 btw
    First calm downits easy to fix.

Did you update gosms recently? Yes?
    Ok completely uninstall gosms. You got a corrupted install.

If you need your old texts do a back up and after you reinstall gosms just restore them.

Ive had this happen a couple times. During a update the file will get corrupted and it gives you fits.
    07-08-2011 06:33 PM
    ill try that but i cant even open the pictures while in the stock app either so idt that reinstalling go sms would actually fix anything... ill try it though!
    07-08-2011 07:02 PM
    I don't know a lot about installing system APKs but maybe it could help.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-09-2011 04:16 PM
    well i tried reinstalling and that didnt help, but then there was an update about a day later for go sms that fixed it!... idk why it would affect regular mms through the stock app though ??
    07-10-2011 11:45 AM
    This sometimes happens regardless of what rom you're running. Have whoever sent you the mms resend it
    07-10-2011 12:07 PM
    I think virgin mobile was having problems with MMS recently. me and my girlfriend have the LG OV and the blackberry from virgin mobile and had issues sending and receiving mms. both of us had trouble downloading and we had different phones. didnt work on go sms or stock

im on 2.3.4 aosp too.

everythings working fine now tho
    07-10-2011 02:18 PM
    well i tried reinstalling and that didnt help, but then there was an update about a day later for go sms that fixed it!... idk why it would affect regular mms through the stock app though ??
    When updating you can get a corrupted download. Sometimes it borks a hook used to get the message from the server. I would bet if you had a nanadroid from before the update that borked gosms it would have worked fine.

Glad everything is working again.
    07-10-2011 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD