Triumph or new Optimus

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
A custom rom and/or rooted phone without custom kernel is blasphemy Lol

NOt totally true either.
The DX has some damn fine roms for it. Im also told the D2 and the more recent moto phones have some cool roms. The devs for those phones have gotten very creative with what they do. There is even a way to overclock the DX without a custom kernel.

A custom kernel makes things better but definitely not necessary.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I was going to get the Triumph until I heard about the LG Optimus Black coming out soon so I'm just waiting for this one for Virgin Mobile.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-black-review

It's almost August, and I've played with a lot of other phones since I wrote that, but I still find myself using the Optimus Black from time to time (Today happens to be one of those days :p ). It's an awesome phone.

Thanks for that. I can't wait to pick this up. I hope we get some release dates soon because I'm passing on the Triumph for this one.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I had very little interest in the Triumph when it was first announced, and after all the spotty reviews, I have zero interest at this point.

The Optimus Black however looks like a winner. The G button thing is a little weird, but maybe it'll prove more useful than I think.

To anyone on the fence, definitely wait. The Triumph is anything but a steal or a no-brainer. Save your money and see what's next.

I feel like history is repeating itself. The announcement of the Intercept on VM was pretty exciting. But it turned out to be a piece o junk (relatively speaking), and the next in line (Optimus V) turned out to be the smart buy. Might be happening all over again.

With VM I've since made it a rule to always "see what's coming next".

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, the triumph seems to have an unlocked bootloader. It does look like there's a rather high defective rate, but there are also people which say theirs works perfect, so I guess you just gotta find a diamond in a pile of glass.

Theoretically, the triumph should run faster and game better, but the black should have better battery life and run good enough. The snapdragon chipset with the andreno 205 IS faster than the omap chipset and sgx530, but build quality and design has a bit to do with the final performance.

Also, a lot of responsiveness issues with the triumph have been resolved by simply taking the overly thick factory screen protector off. I do think the OB will be less buggy out of the box than the MT, but I also think they'll get updates out to fix the MT at some point. If somehow the OB is faster than the MT stock to stock, I feel that the MT still will have more potential, just from it's chipset. I'm hoping to be able to buy the MT and then at least play with an OB sometime to see how it compares.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Irate Iguana

Boss Status
Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Only thing really holding be back from the Triumph is the HORRIBLE signal it seems to have... I hope they fix it in a month or so and drop the price to 225-250 :p

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, the triumph seems to have an unlocked bootloader. It does look like there's a rather high defective rate, but there are also people which say theirs works perfect, so I guess you just gotta find a diamond in a pile of glass.

Theoretically, the triumph should run faster and game better, but the black should have better battery life and run good enough. The snapdragon chipset with the andreno 205 IS faster than the omap chipset and sgx530, but build quality and design has a bit to do with the final performance.

Also, a lot of responsiveness issues with the triumph have been resolved by simply taking the overly thick factory screen protector off. I do think the OB will be less buggy out of the box than the MT, but I also think they'll get updates out to fix the MT at some point. If somehow the OB is faster than the MT stock to stock, I feel that the MT still will have more potential, just from it's chipset. I'm hoping to be able to buy the MT and then at least play with an OB sometime to see how it compares.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

It's also floating around that the OB is going to be having Gingerbread 2,3 after it's release. NOBODY is saying anything about the MT being able to upgrade to it. I know it's possible but it's good to know that OB will most likely get Gingerbread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae