Backup applications with Google?

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok, my brother just got a thunderbolt, and under his accounts and sync setting he has the option to backup his apps with his Google account. Is this something that can we can get, or is it not possible? I've used titanium backup, but I don't like that you can't get them back on the market to update them without buying the full version, as I don't have the money to BUY hardly anything.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, my brother just got a thunderbolt, and under his accounts and sync setting he has the option to backup his apps with his Google account. Is this something that can we can get, or is it not possible? I've used titanium backup, but I don't like that you can't get them back on the market to update them without buying the full version, as I don't have the money to BUY hardly anything.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

If your rom supports it, then yes. You'll be given the option to backup your files to google when you first add your account to the phone. If you use ath3nos's Unofficial CM7, there is a check box you can select in the privacy menu after you add the account to enable google's back up feature. I assume that after your account has been backed up that when you add your account to another phone with the same rom, google will ask you if you want to restore your apps. I haven't personally used it but I've seen the options.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
If your rom supports it, then yes. You'll be given the option to backup your files to google when you first add your account to the phone. If you use ath3nos's Unofficial CM7, there is a check box you can select in the privacy menu after you add the account to enable google's back up feature. I assume that after your account has been backed up that when you add your account to another phone with the same rom, google will ask you if you want to restore your apps. I haven't personally used it but I've seen the options.

I tried that but it didn't work for me. I think that option is just an useless tease. :p lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon