Battery Drain

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a widget called "battery solo widget" which displays the percentage of battery life remaining as well as internal temperature. Having both of these, I have noticed that the battery drains more quickly when the phone is hot, probably circuits run better when cool. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a way to keep the phone from overheating?

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a widget called "battery solo widget" which displays the percentage of battery life remaining as well as internal temperature. Having both of these, I have noticed that the battery drains more quickly when the phone is hot, probably circuits run better when cool. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a way to keep the phone from overheating?
Have you checked if you are having the time without signal issue, put the phone into and out off airplane mode a couple of times and see if that reduces the heat.

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
need a little more info like:

Do you have it over clocked ?
What ROM are you running if any or is it just stock?
What apps do you have running most of the time when it gets hot? For example if I use the GPS on the phone it always gets warm because of the work load on the phone.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Most of the time that it heats up I'm using the web browser and gmail is running and I'm texting someone, probably those three things running use up a lot of memory. I don't know what "over clocked" means or what an ROM is, so i can't answer those questions... someone enlighten me on this. My battery drains when I don't have a signal, but I figured out that's because the phone is spending battery looking for the signal.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Most of the time that it heats up I'm using the web browser and gmail is running and I'm texting someone, probably those three things running use up a lot of memory. I don't know what "over clocked" means or what an ROM is, so i can't answer those questions... someone enlighten me on this. My battery drains when I don't have a signal, but I figured out that's because the phone is spending battery looking for the signal.

yes that is the TWS bug. the phone cant find the signal even though it is there, and you have to turn off 3G and turn it back for it to work, but it keeps happening

this is why people root and upgrade to a custom version of android that has that bug fixed.

the version of android that came on your phone is not the best in terms of battery life.

go read up on rooting and ROMing and youll see that you can change the version of android installed on the phone for one with more features, or better battery life, or one that makes the phone faster (overclocking)

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Yep the dreaded TWS bug or" Time without signal bug" happens on the stock ROM a lot just put your phone into airplane mode for 15 sec and then back to normal. If under battery use you see it at 50% or more the bug is kicking in.

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Victor Garcia8

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed the same thing on my Droid X. I removed the widget and my battery drains at a normal rate now. I think the application is in a loop and it keeps checking the battery. This will quickly kill your battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois