Konomi released the X-Men Arcade game on the Android Market. It brings back some awesome memories of playing 4-6 players at the arcade. Countless quarters. I was so excited to download and play it but then I started it and:

It doesn't run worth a flip on the Optimus V.

Probably 5-15 FPS and it's not steady either. It fluctuates heavily. Even turning off sound doesn't yield much of a boost.

I am running stock rom, so I am not overclocked. Perhaps overclocked it would run better, but I'm not going to void my warranty.

Oh well. Just wanted to share the bad (almost good) news. Don't waste your money on it unless you are overclocked (and even then, you risk wasting money until someone can confirm it works better).

If anyone knows of a MAME emulator that can run that game, PLEASE share because after countless google searches, I can't find one that works on Optimus V.
    07-15-2011 06:59 PM
    Nah played it at 825mhz, lags.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-15-2011 07:45 PM
    Nah played it at 825mhz, lags.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for replying, I'm not surprised with your results, though. :-( makes me sad that I can't relive my childhood on my cell phone. I mean after all what good is a phone that can't revolutionize the gaming industry! *sarcasm*
    07-15-2011 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD