Charging Issues

lance1955

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Phone has intermittent charging problems.
I have tried using car charger (no luck)
USB charger via computer (no luck)
Wall charger (no luck)

Tried different cable same issue.
Phone starts to charge then stops charging.

Anyone have any ideas? Or is it time to excersise a warranty claim??
Phone is Not rooted bone stock.

Thanx

lance1955

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I was kinda thinking it was the battery after messing around with it. Looks like Ill give that a shot and see how things go. I did get it to fully charge, but man it took 1 hour of up plugging and plugging in once it got over the "issue" or bad spot in the battery it kept charging just fine.
So ill pick up a batt and report back.

Thanks

lance1955

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Update:
Took the phone to sprint. They offered to "test" the battery. Tech at sprint store hooked it up, and said battery was fine. He also said he's seen s slew of the at least Sprint Optimus S with similar issues. And that the problem is with the phones "charging circuit."

Im going to hit up VM on Monday and see what they say I will post back the outcome.

UPDATE #2
Called VM today and they are sending a replacement phone, cable and charger and battery. So, I should be good to go once the replacement phone arrives.
They were pretty nice about the whole thing, although it took some coaxing to get them to send a new AC wall charger and cable. But its all under MFG warranty so in a couple of days I should have a replacement handset.

Last edited:

lance1955

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well got the new replacement phone today via the mfg warranty. I was back up and running in about 10 mins. Turned out that yes, it was the phone. The whole process was pretty painless.

In all honesty after poking around, I think the "non oem" charger I bought for the car is what may have led to the phones problem. As I stopped by a sprint store to by an OEM charger. After I got the new charger there was a significant difference with the fit and the small pins that stick out. Its a much tighter fit when plugging in and out.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I noticed USB charging had problems, sometimes not drawing enough current (maybe it's part of LG's software), couple of times I left it plugged in USB all night to wake up with it still at 9%. But original AC cable always did the job. Now with latest build of IHO/BACKside CM7.1 ROM, USB charging has been as fast as AC. There may be a bug in LG's stock ROM charging logic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC