Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if there was anyway to hook my phone to a TV and watch youtube vids on my TV? I know it doesn't have a HDMI port but I think the iPod Touches can be put on the TV, so why not this phone?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if there was anyway to hook my phone to a TV and watch youtube vids on my TV? I know it doesn't have a HDMI port but I think the iPod Touches can be put on the TV, so why not this phone?

Well, the iPod is a totally different device, so that's irrelevant, and I know the equipment to get it to do so is pretty expensive.

The V cannot do TV out, no way, no how. You're better off going HDMI / DVI / VGA / S-Video from your PC to your TV. Or if it's really something you think you'll use that often, go grab a Roku or some other variant. OR, use one of the many different websites / software to download the videos and stream them via an XBox or PS3. Doesn't the Wii have YouTube too? Not sure on that one.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
my old Galaxy S Vibrant did TV out using the headphone jack, and a special RCA/composite video adapter that plugged into the headphone jack. like most older Video Cameras

I thought for awhile the V hardware might support it, I looked high and low, its just not an option with this phone. not no way no how. hahaha

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
If your tv can steam from devices or you have a device on a wifi network like xbox you can get twonky server then set the server on your phone and it will recognize it then you can stream video and audio files and pictures from the optimus v. You can't live steam what your doing like youtube or something though. It turns your phone into a wireless server. Works very well with no lag either.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
This was a feature for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S cell phones. To legally sell a device in the US that supports live stream TV from ur phone requires DLNA to be supported on both the phone and the TV. Since they arent common yet in the US the feature isnt included on our devices. But will become more popular with the increase in HDTVs. This isnt to say it is impossible just not legal in the respect of copyright laws.

Last edited:

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
civicscootin.3utilities.com
-Imediashare-

I bought the app & have no complaints..
Works well streaming Youtube as well as a few others..
Do a search on the market if interested as I'm not going to post all you can do with it as my time is limited at the moment~

Sent from my Droid

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't use apps that start there name with I such as imedia I heard those were stealing peoples info

i is a common prefix for apps names because of that OTHER smartphone with all the i's and stuff. i does not mean that it is malicious.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk