HELP ME WITH CWM 3 ON lG OPTIMUS V

Status
Not open for further replies.

fm4118

Banned
Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi

i need help fast i have been trying to install a rom on my lg optimus v. But i cant. It says that it does install but when i reboot it goes back to recover y screen ( cwm 3.2.0.0)
please i know its alot simpler cuz i notice when i read this over for corrections.please help

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi

i need help fast i have been trying to install a rom on my lg optimus v. But i cant. It says that it does install but when i reboot it goes back to recover y screen ( cwm 3.2.0.0)
please i know its alot simpler cuz i notice when i read this over for corrections.please help

your probably not rooted

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
your probably not rooted

you most likely dont have permanant root becuase you rooted with a unnofficial method. like the "root" button on superoneclick

I'm also thinking you didnt read anything before u attempted this.

every thing you will read will say do NOT use CWM 3.2.0.0 its BROKEN

you have to use 3.2.0.1, that one actaully works to flash a rom.

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Some ROMs also wont flash using CWM you have to use the one that the ROM dev tells you to in the post you download from. Also make sure you are really rooted not some half ass attempt by just using superoneclick , not following directions can really mess up your phone if your not careful. So please READ everything first if you don't understand something then ask.

PLEASE for the love of all thing android don't go just blindly trying to obtain root by using any program willy nilly you will mess up your phone like that.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Some ROMs also wont flash using CWM you have to use the one that the ROM dev tells you to in the post you download from. Also make sure you are really rooted not some half ass attempt by just using superoneclick , not following directions can really mess up your phone if your not careful. So please READ everything first if you don't understand something then ask.

PLEASE for the love of all thing android don't go just blindly trying to obtain root by using any program willy nilly you will mess up your phone like that.

I rooted fine with super one click

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
if you open SuperOneClick, connect your optimus V, and then click the "root" button and watched it automatically root your phone.

you did it WRONG. this does NOT work on the optimus V.

however, if you followed the directions, downloaded the android SDK, and the java JDK, clicked "shell root" then pushed busybox and su over to the phone using the ADB command line tool, then THAT is the correct root method.

if you rooted with the first method, you FAILED and have to do it all again.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
if you open SuperOneClick, connect your optimus V, and then click the "root" button and watched it automatically root your phone.

you did it WRONG. this does NOT work on the optimus V.

however, if you followed the directions, downloaded the android SDK, and the java JDK, clicked "shell root" then pushed busybox and su over to the phone using the ADB command line tool, then THAT is the correct root method.

if you rooted with the first method, you FAILED and have to do it all again.

I used the first method, and my phone is rooted. Been working for months

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Try taking out your SD card and installing into your PC. Then download ClockWorkMod 3.2.0.1 from here cwm-3.2.0.1.zip - LG,, Optimus,, 2X,, recovery,, clockwork,, clockworkmod put on root of SD card(not in any file folder,just put the zip toward the bottom of the list of folders) Reinstall SD card into phone. Do the recovery thing. Once in recovery see if you can select:install zip from sdcard/select zip from sdcard. Select the CWMod zip. it should install, and you should then be in the updated recovery. Wipe cache partition,go to advanced and wipe Dalvik cache,hit back button and wipe data/factory reset(never use the reset in the phones privacy setting). Then go to mounts and formats. Format boot,system,data,and cache. Go to install zip form sdcard/select zip from sdcard. Select the ROM. When its done go back to select zip from sdcard and select the gapps. When thats done select reboot system now.

pcp135

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I used the first method, and my phone is rooted. Been working for months

Me too...Used superoneclick to get permanent root back in the days.

I am running AOSP rom right now. There are too many people around here claiming their way is the only way. That's usually not the case so let's try to help this person instead.

I would personally try to revert to stock. I think there is a nandroid backup floating around in these forums. That should work with clockwork recovery. Maybe 3.2.0.0 is broken, I don't know since I have not read any such thing except for the one post on this thread. If that is the case, use an older or newer version that works.

fm4118

Banned
Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

I am running AOSP rom right now. There are too many people around here claiming their way is the only way. That's usually not the case so let's try to help this person instead.

I would personally try to revert to stock. I think there is a nandroid backup floating around in these forums. That should work with clockwork recovery. Maybe 3.2.0.0 is broken, I don't know since I have not read any such thing except for the one post on this thread. If that is the case, use an older or newer version that works.

but how do i DOWNGRADE IF IM STUCK ON RECOVERY

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

You need to put this xionia recovery image in /sdcard path (either mount /sdcard & plug into PC, or take sdcard out and copy from PC.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fbaoutnaw717pnb

Then choose flash .zip in the recovery menu and it should flash the xionia recovery, from there you can flash another ROM to run. (Reminder Xionia recovery doesn't do complete wipes when flashing new ROMs, this is just a workaround to get the phone working again).

Last edited:

pcp135

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

I don't fully understand the problem so proposed solutions are gonna be half baked. But what Whyzor said might work. Basically, the plan should be to get a working recovery on your phone. I don't know if you can flash a recovery from recovery...seems like it should NOT be doable since you are already booted into recovery but might be doable.

Can you connect to phone while it's booted into recovery? Can you push files to /system ?

That will obviously be the toughest thing to do, I think. After that flashing a rom is piece of cake.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't fully understand the problem so proposed solutions are gonna be half baked. But what Whyzor said might work. Basically, the plan should be to get a working recovery on your phone. I don't know if you can flash a recovery from recovery...seems like it should NOT be doable since you are already booted into recovery but might be doable.

Can you connect to phone while it's booted into recovery? Can you push files to /system ?

That will obviously be the toughest thing to do, I think. After that flashing a rom is piece of cake.

You can flash a recovery using the file Whyzor posted. What it does is run a script in recovery that will execute the commands. All your doing is over-writing the current recovery.

fm4118

Banned
Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance