New Market is now on my phone!

zires

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this yesterday that my Market was a bit different. Lo and Behold...today it is totally different. Has a new face and new options. I used Titanium Backup to integrate it into the rom so it doesn't take up any more space.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
been using the new market for awhile. flashed IHO and was surprised to see the old market. haha

the new one is so much better. and its the future, everyone will be using it soon enough so if you dont like it, go iOS hahaha

csrow

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The new market has a problem with apps loading to SD using Link2SD. The updates install fine but the market does not recognizes the installation has finished.

It's just annoying.

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this yesterday that my Market was a bit different. Lo and Behold...today it is totally different. Has a new face and new options. I used Titanium Backup to integrate it into the rom so it doesn't take up any more space.

Just out of curiosity did it update on its own or did you flash it to the phone. I had it on mine but there was problems with the signing and I couldn't purchase apps with the new market.

yogi4

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I did a total clean and install of BACKSide and the new market was updated automatically. It wasn't BACKside, it was google who updated mine. I guess I'm just an UNlucky one. I like the old one better. This one is way too blocky and busy for me. :'(

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I did a total clean and install of BACKSide and the new market was updated automatically. It wasn't BACKside, it was google who updated mine. I guess I'm just an UNlucky one. I like the old one better. This one is way too blocky and busy for me. :'(

get used to it hahaha. things change quick in the world of Android OS

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Are we talking about the new market that leaked on AC like a month ago? Ive been running that one and have yet to notice any kind of problems.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Are we talking about the new market that leaked on AC like a month ago? Ive been running that one and have yet to notice any kind of problems.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

I had it when I flashed the patch for Harmonia and had no problems but when I tried to make a purchase it would FC on me.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
been using the new market for awhile. flashed IHO and was surprised to see the old market. haha

the new one is so much better. and its the future, everyone will be using it soon enough so if you dont like it, go iOS hahaha
No Im not going to iOS. I dont have to like somethng just because its new.

Just out of curiosity did it update on its own or did you flash it to the phone. I had it on mine but there was problems with the signing and I couldn't purchase apps with the new market.
I had the old market then it auto updated yesterday I think it was. Its being pushed to everybody now I think.

I totally agree the blockiness is distracting and not as easy to navigate as the old style. And its even different from what I had a year ago.

get used to it hahaha. things change quick in the world of Android OS
Again No I will not get use to it. Its not functional and too much of a pain in the ass to use. I have filed a bug report and expressed my displeasure with the interface. Just accepting it as it is only lets google think its functional and works. It doesnt and they should be notified of it. If you are happy with it Im glad for you. Just doesnt mean I have to be happy with it.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i didnt say you should be forced to like it. I said you should get used to it. its unlikely they are going to go back to the old style. complaining isnt going to do much :)

you went on kind of a rant there about it and it all kind of doesnt matter becuase its happening regardless haha

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Man I want this new market. It had updated but then i flashed a different rom and now i have the old market and it hasn't updated. Is there any way to get it to update?

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Man I want this new market. It had updated but then i flashed a different rom and now i have the old market and it hasn't updated. Is there any way to get it to update?

Search new market on the forums.. you'll find the apk.

I don't even know if I have the new version or not.

You would know, they tried to make it like the windows phone interface. blocky and ugly.

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

I did the same. I even added an old googleapps (march I think) because I prefer it better than the new one. Oh well, I guess we don't have a choice in this. I'm glad the market can now be downloaded from computer in this recent rom release. I prefer that way since I can read more about the apps.

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

In prefer the older ones. It was simple and to the point. But, I guess we have to like the new version, since it is on our phones without our blessings. ;)

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i didnt say you should be forced to like it. I said you should get used to it. its unlikely they are going to go back to the old style. complaining isnt going to do much :)

you went on kind of a rant there about it and it all kind of doesnt matter becuase its happening regardless haha

When I first read this I kinda felt bad for being such a hard ass. I think your missing the point I was trying to make. Nobody had to just accept it and go on. IF enough people complain the new format is not functional and more distracting from what the market is suppose to do, and that is get you to use it to purchase apps and other things, then google will look into why people feel that way. Doing nothing but accepting it only makes Google think it is working.

But rereading it I do not feel bad. You are complacent in accepting something just because the creators/developers push it out. Offer no feedback other than "haha accept it cause complaining isnt going to do much, haha wink wink." This is directed at anybody that just accepts new stuff pushed to us and doesnt give the negative feedback needed to get the devs to consider why people dont like it.

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
When I first read this I kinda felt bad for being such a hard ass. I think your missing the point I was trying to make. Nobody had to just accept it and go on. IF enough people complain the new format is not functional and more distracting from what the market is suppose to do, and that is get you to use it to purchase apps and other things, then google will look into why people feel that way. Doing nothing but accepting it only makes Google think it is working.

But rereading it I do not feel bad. You are complacent in accepting something just because the creators/developers push it out. Offer no feedback other than "haha accept it cause complaining isnt going to do much, haha wink wink." This is directed at anybody that just accepts new stuff pushed to us and doesnt give the negative feedback needed to get the devs to consider why people dont like it.

I don't like not having a choice whether I want to upgrade or not. I was happy with the older versions and do not like the newer one. Do you know whom specifically I should contact about this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze