Background, HELP!

Kotton

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I'm tired of trying this crap.

Okay when you download a background APP they fit just fine.
But anything from your actual picture gallery you have to zoom in on the picture IT SUCKS.

I even edited pics to 320x480 and 480x320 Neither allow me to just select the entire image they all get cut up by that evil orange square.

SOMEONE tell me they know the resolution or some sort of hack to just bypass that dang:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: square of death.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
you can stretch the square out with your fingers and make it the size of the entire picture.

its not a fixed shape.

and the native resolution for wallpapers is 640x480 anything less will be blurred.

when you choose a pic from the gallery, drag the orange box out to take the entire picture and youll be fine.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The way launchers are done all wallpapers have to be sized twice the width of the screen. Sometimes you get lucky and it will fit perfectly others it will not cooperate at all. I know exactly how you feel.

Another option is to host it on a site like imugr and then view in your browser and then long press and set as wallpaper. The drawback to this is if you have to reset the setting for any reason you will have to find the image again.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It stops at any edge of the picture
Liek it's stuck at a 3:4 ratio

yes. it is.

if you tried to make anything other than a 4:3 aspect picture as a wallpaper, it would have black bars either on top and bottom or both sides.

4:3 is the aspect used so it can correctly scroll when you switch homescreens. you cannot change this. adjust your wallpapers accordingly

for our 320x480 screen (half VGA resolution) the ideal size is exactly 640x480. youll find that an image of this size will allow the orange box to be dragged all the way to the edges and the picture will look good on the screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma