Please help me not pipe wrench my phone

rolyfbaby

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I have an LG Optimus V, rooted via Superoneclick, with ClockworkMod Recovery on it. I did an LG Style Wipe yesterday that put my phone into "recovery boot loop". I had an old backup, I backed it up and didnt help. Still in the loop.

I've tried reading guides and they all talk about ADB, Emulators, Xionia, flashing, and roms. I have no idea what any of the above vocabulary means. Please help. I dont know how to do ANYTHING.

Symptoms:
Shows LG Screen then goes to ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.1

Tried Battery Pull, and nothing. Reboot system now doesnt help.

GUIDE TO FIX:

Steps courtesy of Eollie from another thread:

Pull the battery out wait 5 minutes.

Put battery back in. DONT TOUCH POWER YET.

Hold down the volume down, home and push power.
Keep them held down until you see the LG screen flash on and then off.
Release the buttons.

This should put you in custom recovery.
Plug your phone into the computer with the usb cable
Using the volume buttons to go up and down to mounts and stoarage select it with the camera button.
Go down to mount sdcard using the camera button select that.

You should now see a pop-up on your computer asking what to do do with the new drive.
Select view folder.

Now download this file.
Xionia_CWMA_12518.4_VM_Recovery.zip

Once you get it downloaded DO NOT UNZIP IT.
Copy it to the root of your sdcard.
No back on the phone select unmount sdcard.

Use the back key to go back to the main screen, on it you should see a option to flash zip from sdcard.
Select it, then choose zip from sdcard choose that.
It will open your sdcard up, scroll down until you see the zip you downloaded and transfered to you sdcard.

Select it. You will be prompted with are you really sure. Select yes.

Go to the main menu again. Scroll to advanced then select reboot recovery.
It should reboot to the new recovery.

In the xionna recovery there is a option to fix bootloop. Select that and wait till its done. then reboot your phone.

Last edited:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure, but I screwed up my optimus the other day and someone told me to do a reset on the ClockworkMod Recovery screen and when I did that all the problems were gone. Of course all my data not on the SD was gone but the phone worked.

rolyfbaby

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I've tried every option of the ClockwordMod Recovery, including Wipe data/factory reset and its still in the same boot loop, right back to Recovery.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Was your phone doing anything weird before you wiped data? So you are saying when your phone is off and you press the power button it goes straight to the clockwork screen without you pressing the buttons to get there?

rolyfbaby

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
My phone was being slow so I decided to do an LG style factory reset. Now when I boot up my phone it goes into recovery mode, anything I do (backup, etc) it still reboots to recovery mode.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Then you are not really rooted. You are in some semi-half-rooted state and thats how it all got screwed up. Also what version of clockwork are you using?

---
- Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

rolyfbaby

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.1.

Im currently trying out Fastbootroot and seeing what I can do with that. Im currently under some new recovery mode from ra-ThunderC-1.1.0-gnm