I'm in desperate need of help

tj_harris

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I rooted the phone, and it was doing great and I decided I didn't want to have it rooted anymore. So I went to settings and did Factory Reset and the phone rebooted and it boots to "ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.1" and it has a list of things I can scroll through but I can't select anything, PLEASE HELP..

PetGhost

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
It's not really my place to be complaining, but there are a LOT of people bricking their phones now-a-days... Anyway, if you can get to the ClockworkMod screen, you should be ok, what do you mean you cant select anything? Try hitting the camera button to select. Do you know what ADB is? I'm afraid that may be your only option at this point.

EdmundAshdown

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah if you can get to clocmworkmod recovery you can navigate the menu with the volume keys, the camera button is like enter and the power button is like back or exit.

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
So just because I need to know did you do a back up once you rooted? Also for future reference factory resetting dose not remove rooting it dose not work that way. IF you backed up like you were suppose to do then all you have to do is restore to your back up. If not then you will have to go through to ADB to fix your problem. Once I get the info I need from you we can start from there.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
factory reset bricks phones..

its on every thread about roms and rooting.

also, if the reset WORKEd, it wouldnt change your root. root is a one time deal, you get root, and you keep it. you never ever unroot.

ROMs are what get changed, you can go back to the stock rom, but dont try getting rid of root or your f*cked

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781