World phone?

Micky5298

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Possibly up and moving to France in a couple weeks and just curious about the odds of using my V there :)

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Virgin Mobile : op?rateur t?l?phones portables, forfaits mobiles - Virgin Mobile

they definately cover there but im almost certain whatever network they use wont be compatible with the V

different phones are released in different countries becuase the phones have certain radios that only work with certain networks.

of course, you could sell the V and get a french virgin mobile phone, looks like they have a crazy selection available over there. lucky you

*edit, as long as all your contacts, pics, emails, whatever are stored with your Google account, switching to another android phone will be a no hassle issue. just sign in and all your stuff comes back. you should probably start setting it up to back up now if you want to use that option

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
You'd need to find a carrier in France that uses CDMA first off (hard to do considering most of the world, especially Europe, uses GSM).

Then there's some special things you'd have to do to your phone to get it on their network.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Remember ur OV will always be a good VOIP phone. With more and more hotspots popping up its not a bad idea seeing its free.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Remember ur OV will always be a good VOIP phone. With more and more hotspots popping up its not a bad idea seeing its free.

I'd go with this. In fact I'm thinking about using it for this very purpose as a "home phone" whenever I'm near wifi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci