NEED HELP w BRICKED Optimus V - C-Mod frozen, CM7 Won't load

AlexandruBG

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I rooted my phone, installed ClockWork Mod Recovery v3.2.0.1 (premium) downloaded Zefie's latest CM7 and had CWM back up my system, wipe cache etc and install the ROM. It seems to have done this, but when I try to start my phone it just gives me a virginmobile.com logo and won't start. then when I try to go into clockwork mod I can't select anything, i.e. I choose say "advanced" and the menu dissappears and nothing else will load until I press a button when the main menu comes back.

Please help me out, I really really don't want to spend another $150 on a new phone.
Thanks.:)

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
uhhh the "select" button inside the recovery is the camera key.

any other button except the back button will do just what you said, make the text disapear. this is normal.

use the camera key to select items...

Reactions: AlexandruBG

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I rooted my phone, installed ClockWork Mod Recovery v3.2.0.1 (premium) downloaded Zefie's latest CM7 and had CWM back up my system, wipe cache etc and install the ROM. It seems to have done this, but when I try to start my phone it just gives me a virginmobile.com logo and won't start. then when I try to go into clockwork mod I can't select anything, i.e. I choose say "advanced" and the menu dissappears and nothing else will load until I press a button when the main menu comes back.

Please help me out, I really really don't want to spend another $150 on a new phone.
Thanks.:)

First do not use CWM to install a rom.
Second do not install zefies hacked version of cm7.
Third as stated below your using the wrong buttons, that is a typical novice mistake.

If you want a custom CM7 rom go tot he IHO thread and read up. Otherwise you will be back asking why something isnt working.

My suggestion is restore your nanadroid( you did one right? RIGHT??).
Download a flavor of IHO and the gapps.
Transfer them to the phone and flash them via the recovery menu.
All steps are covered at the IHO wiki, which is where you will pick up the rom btw.

Give a couple of says for your phone to settle in and comeback and tell us how awesome it is now. :D

Reactions: AlexandruBG

AlexandruBG

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Wow, thanks for all the help guys, and yes, the camera button does work and I'm clueless . I t was way easier to install CM7 on the nook color.
I'll drop by later once I'm done fixing this to tell you how awesome it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze