Change your phone number.

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Apparently starting 11/12/11 we can change our number.

Cause just a few minutes ago I got this text message:

VMFreeMessage: Starting 11/12/11, these charges apply if you want to change your phone number: $10 on the web or $15 if you do it with a Live Advisor.

Sound cool and whatnot but I will be sticking with my number.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
no. we are able to change our number once every 24 hours for FREE right now.

on that date it will no longer be free, you pay.

right now its a service they offer for free. it wont be for long

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
no. we are able to change our number once every 24 hours for FREE right now.

on that date it will no longer be free, you pay.

right now its a service they offer for free. it wont be for long

Ah ok thanks for clearing that up. I did not know we could do that. But maybe it was cause I never really cared.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
What's so special about Google Voice?

technically, nothing. if you have no use for a internet number.

for me, its a godsend. i used to have two phones. now I have two numbers on the SAME phone. the google number works via 3G and wifi, so if my bill isnt paid I can still text people on wifi from the GV number.

i guess if you have absolutely no need for a second number, you can completely ignore the existence of google voice. but for others its all the difference.

oh, and its free, and as easy to sign up for as getting a Gmail account

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I can change my # online right now?
I need to ... many ppl think this is someones # still and it's verrry annoying

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
The main things I tell people is you get one number fire all your phones. so say you've got a home, cell, and work...this number can be set up to ring all your phones, or only specific ones. You can also set them up to ring different phones at different times. You also get free long distance calling to anyone in the US, and cheap international calling. You also get free SMS messaging (no MMS yet sadly).

I like it for the ability to text over wifi/the internet, and that I have one number, even when I change my phones or provider, I just change my google voice settings, but everyone else doesn't notice a thing.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh and it's incredibly easy to block someone. 3 clicks and they're blocked. So some people have it for that extra layer of security

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
technically, nothing. if you have no use for a internet number.

for me, its a godsend. i used to have two phones. now I have two numbers on the SAME phone. the google number works via 3G and wifi, so if my bill isnt paid I can still text people on wifi from the GV number.

i guess if you have absolutely no need for a second number, you can completely ignore the existence of google voice. but for others its all the difference.

oh, and its free, and as easy to sign up for as getting a Gmail account

3G, so basically I can make unlimited calls for free and not have to worry about the 300 minutes that my phone has?

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
3G, so basically I can make unlimited calls for free and not have to worry about the 300 minutes that my phone has?

If you get a VoIP app yes (GrooVe IP is set up just for this purpose). The only downfall is that google voice limits your call length to 3 hours. after 3 hours the call automatically disconnects. Of course all you have to do is call the person back and then the click starts all over again.

OakIris

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
If you get a VoIP app yes (GrooVe IP is set up just for this purpose). The only downfall is that google voice limits your call length to 3 hours. after 3 hours the call automatically disconnects. Of course all you have to do is call the person back and then the click starts all over again.

Wow - guess I'm not that much into talking on the phone so this limitation placed by Google Voice wouldn't be a downfall for me, personally. I can't imagine needing to be on the phone with someone for even one hour, let alone for more than three hours! :p

Holly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34