I have service but can't send a text?

FatalIll

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had this phone for maybe 9 months, maybe a little bit more and have NEVER had this problem before. I can receive texts but it says failed when sending. I have wifi on, but I've tried it while it was off. I've removed the battery, restarted the phone, airplaned it...

Still wont send a text. Any help appreciated.

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
This may sound like a stupid suggestion since you've had this phone as long as I have but... re-activate?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

nudder

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
This may sound like a stupid suggestion since you've had this phone as long as I have but... re-activate?

That's really not such a stupid suggestion. I had that problem and that actually solved the problem for me.

Last edited:

FatalIll

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Well I've since changed to IHO ROM and theres no activate.apk for it. Would require me to go back to stock and activate and reflash.

I can send texts now it seems, but I dont know, its wonky. Think I might just go to the triumph.

yogi4

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I've since changed to IHO ROM and theres no activate.apk for it. Would require me to go back to stock and activate and reflash.

I can send texts now it seems, but I dont know, its wonky. Think I might just go to the triumph.

That's funny because in another forum people was talking about "downgrading from the triumph to the V" because the Triumph just sucks. So I hear anyways... I'm just glad I have my 'V'.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I think the Harmonia ROM and or the Bumble ROM still have the activate app. I not totally sure,but almost. Can't hurt to try.
EDIT: Harmonia has the activate app. It will disappear at first boot,so don't mess around to much.

Last edited:

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Just make a backup and flash a 2.2 Rom for the activate app. Will take you 20 mins total. I was leaning towards triumph till I read the reviews

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I might be wrong but it appears your looking for a reason to validate getting a new phone. If that is the case then yes please go buy the Triumph. But dont get rid of your Optimus just yet.

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Is the Triumph that bad?

You'll get a much better answer asking that in triumph forums and in its own thread, everyone here including myself is prob biased towards the V. I would buy it today if I knew the bugs were fixed.

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Optimus v for as long as it came out, and I got the triumph before the release date. I had to exchange it 4 times before I got one with a normal looking screen. There's a way to tell. If your triumphs screen is a little bit blue, then that's the one with the problems. I would say as stock, the Optimus v is better, but with a custom ROM, the triumph definitely has the edge. I'm running Gingerbread, the MIUI rom in fact, and it's pretty awesome. Everything works as it should. You just have to make sure to get one without the blueish tint and all will be good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12