optimus v limitations?

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Still great food at a great price though, but the So. Cal. In N Outs do seem to taste a little better.

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. The food I received from an In-N-Out in Fort Worth, TX was almost incomparable to any In-N-Out I've eaten at here in SoCal. Thought it might of just been my partiality to home that lead me to that conclusion, but it looks like I'm not the only one.

My favorite burger is still from Steak 'n Shake, though. Wish we had them in SoCal. One of you Midwesterners will have to munch one for me.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. The food I received from an In-N-Out in Fort Worth, TX was almost incomparable to any In-N-Out I've eaten at here in SoCal. Thought it might of just been my partiality to home that lead me to that conclusion, but it looks like I'm not the only one.

My favorite burger is still from Steak 'n Shake, though. Wish we had them in SoCal. One of you Midwesterners will have to munch one for me.

Will do, as long as there's no cheese (lactose intolerant). :) I was honestly shocked to find out there's no steak-n-shake out west (specifically arizona).

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
IMy favorite burger is still from Steak 'n Shake, though. Wish we had them in SoCal. One of you Midwesterners will have to munch one for me.

I will gladly trade you a few Steak And Shake's for a single In N Out. Even a bad one.

Steak And Shake is okay, the burgers are pretty good, the fries are mediocre and neither is very filling. You eat their burger and wonder where it went.

Something midwest knows abso-freaking-lutely nothing about is food. Anyone ever try St. Louis style pizza? It's a cracker with sauce and cheese. No, I am not exaggerating, the bread is as thick as the cardboard used to make the box it comes in. And Mexican food, let me just say this... Spaghetti sauce is NOT enchilada sauce. I almost tossed my cookies the first time I experienced it. I like Italian, but bland Italian sauce on Mexican food is just plain WRONG.

St. Louis style pizza (anything to be opposite of Chicago).
pizza1.jpg

Ronin Wolf

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
In N Out is way too greasy. I greatly prefer Steak N Shake.

Chicago is in the midwest.

I have lived in Indiana my whole life and have never had a dish where Spaghetti sauce was substituted for 'enchilada' sauce. Gross. Where the hell did you eat at?

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I will gladly trade you a few Steak And Shake's for a single In N Out. Even a bad one.

Steak And Shake is okay, the burgers are pretty good, the fries are mediocre and neither is very filling. You eat their burger and wonder where it went.

Something midwest knows abso-freaking-lutely nothing about is food. Anyone ever try St. Louis style pizza? It's a cracker with sauce and cheese. No, I am not exaggerating, the bread is as thick as the cardboard used to make the box it comes in. And Mexican food, let me just say this... Spaghetti sauce is NOT enchilada sauce. I almost tossed my cookies the first time I experienced it. I like Italian, but bland Italian sauce on Mexican food is just plain WRONG.

LoL. I was born in Springfield, MO and lived in St. Louis until I was 14. That looks like an Imo's pizza, which I happen to love! I prefer thin pizza anyways, but with goat cheese... mmm. perfection.

True about the horrible Mexican food and Steak 'n Shake's burgers being super thin. That's why you have to at least get two! If you slapped a slightly thicker Steak 'n Shake beef patty in an In-N-Out burger, that's my definition of fast food burger perfection.

Asian food is what I found most disappointing in the Midwest (except for in MN).

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Idk I haven't eaten mexican here in michigan besides taco bell, which is as close to mexican as fishsticks are to real fish lol

I have had mexican while visiting my girlfriend in Arizona, and it was pretty good.

We do have some things that you can't find unless you go to "that part of town" like paczkis (pronounced "pounch-key") and pasties (not the kind that strippers wear)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
LoL. I was born in Springfield, MO and lived in St. Louis until I was 14. That looks like an Imo's pizza, which I happen to love! I prefer thin pizza anyways, but with goat cheese... mmm. perfection.
Yes, that is Imo's.
It tastes fine, it's just that I like a bit of bread with my cheese. It's like eating a saltine cracker with sauce and cheese.

Springfield has Godfathers Pizza.. YUM.
Though it is pretty much the only reason to stop there. LOL
St. Louis only recently got one.

Chicago is in the midwest.

I have lived in Indiana my whole life and have never had a dish where Spaghetti sauce was substituted for 'enchilada' sauce. Gross. Where the hell did you eat at?
Yes, it is midwest, but it's not really a midwest town. It has more in common with the costs due to it's location on the great lakes, and it's cultural diversity. In many ways it's more similar to So. California than it is to other midwest towns.

The restaurant was El Maguay.
I have never had such horrible Mexican food, and yet the people here LOVE it. Probably because it's so bland.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I bought my OV at the closest Radio Shack to my house, and just down the block is In-N-Out, which is were I went for lunch right after purchasing my OV. ;)

The only true advantage the iPhone has over the Optimus V is front facing camera, and battery life.

The only limitations to the Optimus V over other phones are:
1- Slower processor, though our combination of processors beats many other faster phones ;)
2- No front facing camera, and nothing you can do about it :(
3- No native flash support, though the recent maipad ports of flash work surprisingly well ;)
4- A smaller and lower-resolution screen, but I don't want to hold a brick up to my head, I like the OV ;)

I think the burger analogy was excellent! Some people will only eat a particular burger, for their own reasons. Same is true with tech, some people will have nothing but an apple product, while those of us with a moderate level of intelligence will always realize apple products are over-hyped and over-priced. ;)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
snip...

The restaurant was El Maguay.
I have never had such horrible Mexican food, and yet the people here LOVE it. Probably because it's so bland.
off topic as anything, but I've gotta chip in...
ha ha ha ha...
my friends drink at one of those about every friday, sometimes I have to drive, but I absolutely hate the place and the food is, indeed, horrible.
The inside joke is to call it El Dukey, 'cause if you're lucky that's the worst you get from eating there.

as far as the OV specs, I like it way better than the palm centro I tried before VM. The centro specs were somewhat comparable, but the closed-source OS made it annoying (locked-out GPS, etc) and really hard to get a working linux port on.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon