Market Help

kratos1993

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
hey guys,
today, I managed to flash the bumblebee rom without too much trouble :). Everything is great except I that cant seem to be able to update my market app (it's stuck at 2.3.6, i think). I tried to all the suggestions in the web, such as clear the market cache, data, etc. I even tried to manually install the newer versions by downloading the apk. But all i get is "the application did not install." is there a way to force install the market by using the adb shell or something? Thank you so much.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, the new market (3.0) doesn't work with Bumblebee and Harmonia because of the power button mod (when you hold down the power button and there's Shut Down, Reboot, and Recovery).

When google updated the market app, they added extra security, and Bumblebee and Harmonia can't seem to meet this "requirement" so they're stuck with the older one.

btw Bumblebee as far as I know isn't even being updated anymore, so I'd watch the Harmonia thread for updates on the market issue

kratos1993

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I see. I'll check harmonia out. Thanks guys. This saves me hours of trying to update something that's not possible :)

edit: oh, can can you tell me what did the factory wipe delete? I remember that I had around 30 mb left on my internal memory before the wipe. Now I have 90+. I installed all of my previous apps and stuff and yet there is still so much room left. was it all just bloat ware?!?

Last edited:

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I see. I'll check harmonia out. Thanks guys. This saves me hours of trying to update something that's not possible :)

edit: oh, can can you tell me what did the factory wipe delete? I remember that I had around 30 mb left on my internal memory before the wipe. Now I have 90+. I installed all of my previous apps and stuff and yet there is still so much room left. was it all just bloat ware?!?

If you ran the factory wipe from inside your recovery, then I believe it wipes data, cache, and the .android_secure folder on your sd card

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
im on that harmonious-bumbelee modded rom and the new market isnt working here either.

i liken it to google abandoning support for an outdated OS.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
im on that harmonious-bumbelee modded rom and the new market isnt working here either.

i liken it to google abandoning support for an outdated OS.

If you try out Harmonia 1.2 (or anything under 1.3) you should get the new market, because it doesn't have the power button mod.

LeslieAnn has explained it countless times in the Harmonia thread, it's pretty much because of the new security added in Market 3.0 that doesn't want to play nice with the power-button mod. They had to resign a bunch of files, and they were all reliant on other files that needed to be resigned and it sounds like it's just a complicated mess.

Maybe google is abandoning it but you won't know it unless you go back to a stock froyo ROM. If you can't get the new market then (or on Harmonia 1.2) then you're right.