Exporting Contacts...?

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
My friend has this phone and im thinking of rooting and putting on a custom ROM but his contacts arent synced with google...is there an option to export to sdcard like on my Fascinate..or if anyone has any ideas on how to back up the contacts to a file..?
Thanks

lance1955

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Open the dialer, then tap contacts at top, then tap menu button bottom left (hard key); tap import/export
It will export the contacts in a backup format to the SD card. Easy as pie

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Open the dialer, then tap contacts at top, then tap menu button bottom left (hard key); tap import/export
It will export the contacts in a backup format to the SD card. Easy as pie

that method works great

also one thing to consider

if the phone requires you to sign into a Google account before you are even allowed to use the market, what good reason would there be to not sync the contacts with it?

even IF you never use gmail or anything, having your contacts in a google account means you can restore to another phone, or look them up on the website if your phone is stolen or lost.

the benefits greatly outweigh any fear you MIGHT have of the sync consuming battery, or whatever it may be.

i just dont understand some people, why not take advantage of a service as great and free as this?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams