Netflix :(

kimberlyinmn

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Today I was forced to update my Netflix and now the sound/video is out of sync. I had been using the modded app that was a few versions back. So sad. I guess this update was released on 11/8. I tried to run the modded version today and a pop up said that I had to update in order to run the app. (I did try to cancel out, but the dang window kept popping up.)

Anyone else? Is there some sort of fix? If I just wanted to "listen" to a movie and not watch it, this would be okay, but DANG...

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
install the 1.2 apk or whichever worked.

you are NOT forced to update, I used to skip that notification by pressing Cancel and it was fine.

of course, on a triumph, the market version works perfect and looks gorgeous on this screen :D

kimberlyinmn

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
No, I really can't use it. I had 1.2.2 that was modded and it worked great. Today, the message was "New version of application is found, you must upgrade to be able to use application." Not just the usual, "There is an update, do you want to install?" If I hit Cancel, I am returned back to the main screen (not in Netflix). If I hit OK, then I am taken to the Netflix Android Market page.

The version I had that worked was netflix-update-disabled-rotation-red-D-V1.2.2.

So sad.

kimberlyinmn

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
netflix.png

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
that is strange.

I tried looking thru my old APK folder to find the one I used on my V to upload it for you, but i dont have it anymore.

Netflix must have changed the way they notify old apps to update.

that sucks

Last edited:

krazy9000

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I feel your pain. I was so excited to actually have it working for me, then they forced the update. The new version does not work well at all.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Harmonious Bumblebee 2.1 and Netflix works fine for me.

I've got the older marketplace of course since it's a Froyo ROM but I've got version 1.5.2 build 389 and I've also go the modded Adobe Flash 10.3 from the forums and Netflix works fine for me, no prompt for an update...

SoulDroid1

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I was having the exact same issues you are having. I have Netflix working on my OV now and here are the steps I took.

I completely uninstalled the Netflix app and Flash 10.3. I then reinstalled Flash 10.3. next step was to reinstall Netflix 1.2.2 from this XDA post: forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=15841797&postcount=2. I tried 1.5 and worked my way down. 1.2.2 seems to be the latest version that works, at least on my phone.

Not sure if flash is even needed for Netflix to work on our phones to be honest, but it can't hurt, right?

Hope this helps.

Reactions: JerryScript

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the market download and I'm also having issues with the audio out of sync. I tried completely removing flash player and still had the same problem. Maybe the new Netflix just lags because the OV is slower. Maybe it will be fixed in an update?

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
netflix doesnt use flash, they downstream the audio and video in a format the phone can play natively. having flash doesnt change how the app works.

I dont know what changed after version 1.2.2 but any build after that didnt work for me on my OV either.

however, the market version is working flawlessly on my Triumph. guessing its a hardware issue. they must have dropped support for Adreno 200 for video decoding in support of newer GPUs

Acrutten

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same boat. I have no idea what they changed from version 1.2.2 on up but I'd like to know if anyone does figure it out.

In the mean time for us Optimus V users you can go HERE and get version 1.2.2 with disabled update check. I'm currently watching a show on my phone as I type this and I've got no issues.

If your using stock you might get the green bars but if your using a custom rom it works almost flawlessly. I'm using CM 7.1 BACKside IHO.

So there ya go enjoy.. until Netflix changes something again. Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure Flash has nothing to do with Netflix running. I do not have any version of it on my phone.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Could it also be that with the phone running Gingerbread there's not enough resources left over to run Netflix effectively?

Obviously that's not really a good reason to switch back to Froyo, but I find it strange that I'm running one of the old Vs with Froyo and I've got the latest version from the old market and it works fine...but everyone else's doesn't. lol

Ronin Wolf

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same boat. I have no idea what they changed from version 1.2.2 on up but I'd like to know if anyone does figure it out.

In the mean time for us Optimus V users you can go HERE and get version 1.2.2 with disabled update check. I'm currently watching a show on my phone as I type this and I've got no issues.

If your using stock you might get the green bars but if your using a custom rom it works almost flawlessly. I'm using CM 7.1 BACKside IHO.

So there ya go enjoy.. until Netflix changes something again. Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure Flash has nothing to do with Netflix running. I do not have any version of it on my phone.

This worked great. Thanks :D

Reactions: argenyb

krazy9000

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

That worked great for my phone. Thanks! I can't imagine this issue has anything to do with the phone being "too slow", as other streaming video apps (youtube, crunchyroll) work perfectly. Heck I can even watch flash videos in my Opera Mini browser better than I can watch videos on the latest version of Netflix.

kimberlyinmn

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so... this is weird, but GOOD. I uninstalled the newest version and installed 1.2.2 from the XDA Developers link in my earlier post. I am no longer getting the message telling me there's even an update. (YAY!) The only thing different that I know I did was uninstalled Adobe Flash. I don't see the green bar across the top of the screen. Audio and video are perfectly synced as well. YAY!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary