lg optimus v stuck on 'touch android to begin'

sam_soren84

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm a noob but I have flashing roms on my opV for months but the day before Thanksgiving was different. I saw Jerry had an update for IHO, 11/22/2011 & downloaded it, made a backup, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, flash the update, rebooted. Now when the boot animation appeared it looked my stuck in a loop because whenever I flashed BACKside in the past, the circle around the android spins. It didn't so thinking I had a bad flash, I attempted to do restore from CWM 3.2.0, restored & rebooted but then I'm stuck on IHO android screen right after the LG one. From there, I went back into recovery, performed a factory reset from recovery NOT from menu>settings>etc. When my phone boots up, I'm at the screen whn you first activate it; welcome to LG VM670, touch android to begin. When I touch the android, it lights up from my touch.....BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. I'm stuck on that screen. The bad news: its the holidays and know anybody to call & I don't have a laptop or PC, :'( the good news somehow, through CM statistics in the notification window, I bypassed the setup screen. I can access my Google account as far as Gmail but I can't setup on my phone. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
re flash. make sure you wipe everything.

also, make sure you flash GAPPS, the activation process will fail without gapps. your probably just forgot to flash it (it happens)

if you DID flash it, press menu, skip activation, and load the market and sign in from there and it will all be good.

if at this point you dont have the Market, then yes, you DID indeed fail to flash gapps, and that was the cause of your problem the entire time.

Reactions: sam_soren84

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm a noob but I have flashing roms on my opV for months but the day before Thanksgiving was different. I saw Jerry had an update for IHO, 11/22/2011 & downloaded it, made a backup, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, flash the update, rebooted. Now when the boot animation appeared it looked my stuck in a loop because whenever I flashed BACKside in the past, the circle around the android spins.

If you had read Jerry's post with the update it states that there is an error with the boot animation that makes it get stuck. It will still boot you just have to be patient. You can put a different boot animation on the phone if you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: sam_soren84

sam_soren84

May 1, 2011
Visit site
If you had read Jerry's post with the update it states that there is an error with the boot animation that makes it get stuck. It will still boot you just have to be patient. You can put a different boot animation on the phone if you want.

I've skimmed over some of it. Only paying attention to to the instructions & anything in bold letters. I'll be sure to read over the WHOLE THING from now on. Thanks for the tip :)

sam_soren84

May 1, 2011
Visit site

Edit: my phone is now working; went into recovery; formatted, data, system, & cache rebooted everything back to normal. You're right I didn't flash gapps but in Jerry's post it was no longer necessary but I will flash them now on! Thank you from the bottom of.my heart. You helped save my baby. :D

tobashadow#AC

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
That is meant for if your updating without doing a wipe.

If you wipe the data and system you are also removing the google apps which is what the gapps flash installs.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
When updating a currently installed ROM you only need to wipe cache partition and dalvik cache. There is no reason to flash gapps. If on the other hand you wipe data and or format boot,system,data,and cache then you will definitely need to flash the gapps as well.
I pulled battery the first time. Wiped everything and when I saw it hang again, I decided to have a little patience and gave it a chance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair