OV: virus check?

charkswitlazers

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
What's the best way to ensure a clean phone from viruses and spyware? I know you really can't trust the anti virus apps out there, how else can you keep your phone safe?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere here that its very rare to get an actual virus on the V. I just watch out for the apps I download, and where I download them from. I stick with known games and apps. Amazon app store and Android market only . I try to read the permissions and read comments. I sometimes even disable permissions , if i feel like i need to :mad:

thats about it, my two little cents :p:p

Reactions: charkswitlazers

Han_Dez

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
LBE Privacy Guard.. you can deny all unnecessary permissions in your apps..it also acts as a basic firewall so if anything tries to get access to your phone it will notify you and give you the chance to allow or deny it. This is much more powerful than any so-called antivirus.

Reactions: AndyOpie150

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'd say that any of these 'utilities' are unnecessary. Some due diligence and common sense will carry you far. It's just extra bloat and a waste of resources to run these utilities.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Currently, there are no confirmed reports of any self-replicating malware on Android phones, so there are no viruses by definition.

Antiv-virus programs use lists of filenames and filesizes to search for malicious apps. This means they can only protect you from known malicious software. Since there are no known viruses, and Google removes malicious apps as soon as they are found, and before AV programs can be updated, there is no reason to use AV apps on an Android phone at this time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781